Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have you ever done a random act?

Hybrid View

have you ever done a random act?

....of kindness.

A month ago i was sitting in the drive-thru, in a rush to get to the job site but wanted my coffee. Christmas time so people had their stupid switch on so everyone was hustling and bustling around in a rush.

Drive-thru line was long and i finally got to the till, and the lady gave me my coffee and i went to pay her and she said " the lady in front of you bought your coffee".

Did that ever feel good.
    So last week,I'm in the line again and i can see a girl behind me is frustrated by the long wait. So i pulled up and bought her coffee.
    I smiled, the girl at the till smiled, and i'm sure the girl behind me smiled.

this happen to anyone else or does it just happen to good looking guys?

sure is worth the $2, try it and ill bet you'll like it.

I try to do it with things I have an abundance of but don't need the money from. For example, I have planted aquariums with some hard to find plants. Instead of selling them for a tidy profit I try to give them to as many people as possible to have it become more abundant and common. I usually request that they do the same later, at least passing on what they once got for free.

To be honest, I like giving cause it makes me feel good. It doesn't occur to me until later that the reciever feels good to.

There is all sorts of random acts of kindness....look @ this board,there is one perticular poster on here that has vast knowledge of taxation,she does'nt have to ''give up her time and knowledge" but she does it all the time.

And in most cases you would have to pay for that.

If im in a postion to help someone i try.....

I really could and should be doing more.

Last winter this nice couple gave us two free ski passes and Blue Mountain. My dad and myself were walking in the parking lot towards the hill, and this couple explained to us that they were supposed to meet their two children there, but plans fell through.

It certainly made my day - Perhaps it's something I should consider doing more often. Thanks for the thread daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcgd View Post
    For example, I have planted aquariums with some hard to find plants. Instead of selling them for a tidy profit I try to give them to as many people as possible to have it become more abundant and common. I usually request that they do the same later, at least passing on what they once got for free.
    ! I'm a big Aqua-head.

What kind of plants do you have that are rare?

That's very nice of you, I used to do the same thing.

To be honest..

I usually don't do nice things for people that haven't done a nice thing for me, unless I see that they really need it (homeless) or I saw them help someone else out that wasn't me.

Maybe T.Gal was right. I'm heartless.

I don't do it as much as I used to, but still do them when I remember to think about them. I know it sounds selfish, but when I would have a bad day, I would try to do a random act of kindness to as a pick me up. Maybe it's no longer a random act of kindness then....

Before we had our new parking system, and still had meters, I would random plug meters if any were close to expiring. One time I actually plugged the meter, and saw the meter police on my way back, and plugged it again. Occasionally I will buy a homeless person a meal and a coffee. I don't think of it as much, and I tend to be in a rush.... I should take the time to do this more, and also teach my kidlets to do the same.

Now, I'm interested in other ideas for random acts of kindness.

It's north amercian culture,its sad but by and large most people our out for themselfs(im @ fault for this too)Dateline nbc has done numerous shows with all random situations(pregnant women on a bus ect)and 99% of people could care less giving up a seat.

It's not me so who cares type of thing,They have done study after study on ''happiness" in society and small poor villages always rank the highest,that's because community comes 1st,people help people.

Metro cities like new york/toronto are ranked very low,its the corporate jungle kill or be killed thing.

Honestly most people on the street could/wouldnt even know how to smile at a person in Na....Its just the same as living across a neighboor that couldnt bother to wave(and there is alot of that)or look the other way....just how society is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KaeJS View Post

Maybe T.Gal was right. I'm heartless.
    That's a bit harsh and not exactly what I meant; you're just Mr. Noodles sometimes, that is, you're economical [or a little cheap].
    "Colour in a picture is like enthusiasm in life."

That's pretty neat - I should do that.

I donate money and goods, but that is really a neat thing to do for someone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast