Canadian Money Forum banner

New Business Incorporation inquiry

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dawg87 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently done a federal incorporation for a company that i am considering starting that i plan on making a wealth management firm way later down the road. I am currently working towards my CFP and CIM designations and definitely have the entrepreneurial drive so I am seeking feedback, guidance and words of wisdom and they will be greatly appreciated.

I am considering taking out a personal line of credit of 10k USD and inject that into the company as my equity (or should i loan it to the company and company pays me monthly interest?). With that money, i intend to day trade to generate business income/profits/activity while paying all the appropriate taxes involved. Also build the corporate credit slowly and then get insurance etc. I am not advising any clients or managing anyone else's portfolio for obvious reasons so right now i just want to build up some equity under a corporate umbrella of which majority of the gains will be reinvested within the firm.

My thinking is that this way it will help show business activity, tax filings and payments, i will be able to expense trading/investing educational courses and all the other claimable expenses and possibly draw some income.

Would really appreciate it if you all can offer some insight or criticism. Thank you.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.