Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention - Password and Security Update

Am I really here? That's took me days.

Perfect storm, was a away, so didn't know my password, I had an old email account that I no loner get us, and my iPad makes it really hard to change all of this. Plus 10 digit password. That was crazy.
    On a 'smart' device, please excuse autocorrect/when letters are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugging Along View Post
    Am I really here? That's took me days.
    Perfect storm, was a away, so didn't know my password, I had an old email account that I no loner get us, and my iPad makes it really hard to change all of this. Plus 10 digit password. That was crazy.
    Yes, you have arrived!

did you know the forum has problems?

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,
    Helena
    Community Management
    on my usual account I did NOT get a password notification
    AND when I was sent a link to get a new password the link did NOT go to the correct page.
    when will this be fixed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

http://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/in...ty-1004094779/

“We believe that any potential breach is limited to user names, user IDs, email addresses, IP addresses and encrypted passwords of our community users,” Jerry Orban, vice-president of corporate development, said in an emailed statement of the February data breach.
    Only hackers truly know the extent of the breach.

i wonder if the tiny password window could be made a few characters wider?

right now it's only 10 characters i believe. It will *take* more than 10, but the screen display window is still limited to 10.
    ego borago gaudia semper ago

Couldn't login with my old password, so created new id.

Looks like on CMF more "security" than on FBI website

Quote Originally Posted by gibor365 View Post
    Couldn't login with my old password, so created new id.
    .. is this how IT people fix things ... just re-create / profiferate with stuffs whether it's a new ID, password, new OS, etc.? Seems like the virtual world is infinite?
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

I could see the panic for those CMF members where the email from the admin didn't get to them for some reason.
    I tried to login with my regular password which was only 7 alpha numeric, and that probably isn't enough today with all these clever hackers around.

Certainly 10 characters, upper case. lower case, numeric are necessary.
    On any financial access pw, I use a combo of 9 or 10 mixed case and numeric and special case characters. It's a pain to remember these, so I have to write these down in a pw book.

Hey guys,

If you did not receive the password reset email, it could be that you are not using the same email you used to register on to the site or i t may be in your junk folder. If you send me a PM with your email associated with your account I can send you a password reminder email so you can reset your password.

Thank you so much for all of your understanding.

~ Glenda

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast