no third button over

i did get a plain Edit button
    i tried it
    there was a Save option
    it worked
    hallelujah for small mercies

ego borago gaudia semper ago

can i get a screen shot?
    I don't see an issue... but are you running any plugins?

Lee

^^

very few plugins. only the usual. shockwave. flash. adobe. java, if one considers java to be an add-on.

here's a middle-of-the-road proposal. First, the issue is not critical at all. Me i'm grateful to have a plain Edit function. It seems to work better with chrome. That's good enough. I don't mind in the least that the Delete function doesn't seem to want to work for me.

so i'm thinking Why not wait on this to see what others might find, what others might say? that could give you a better idea.

in the meantime, many thankx indeed for your kind help & consideration.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

bof. this is IE11. it won't Edit a post i just put in the Trudeau thread. there's an Edit button that accepts text revisions but there's no Save button, so effectively no editing is possible.

there's a duplication in the posted message so maybe i'll try Chrome, see if it'll work better.

bof

Just to confirm, are you running the site with Compatibility Mode? I saw Dayle mentioned it, but I don't see if you confirmed that you were running it with IE

Kevin

there's been some improvement. I added this site to compatability mode for IE11. For some reason it won't stick there, the addition disappears each time the browser is closed.

but - mysteriously - a partial improvement certainly does linger. The entire website navigates better & faster for me now. I'm still not getting the final Delete choice from the Edit button mais ce n'est pas grave ...

any improvement is better than no improvement, i appreciate it, thankx! tis now the season to be busy so we should wind down & be grateful for progress. Very best holiday wishes to all at vertical scope, toronto star & any other part owners of cmf forum.

Strange that it's not keeping your choice about compatibility mode. Is your IE set up to clear cookies and cache when you close it down?

Glad to hear some improvement has been made though

Kevin

Hi,

I can't seem to find the edit button anywhere either . Please advise. Using FF. Also when can you post links? Thanks

^^^ Posts have to be edited within 2 days; after which the edit button disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    It is set to 2 days to give members enough time to edit and correct their posts. Having it set to indefinitely can cause members to delete and edit most of their post, if they are old post it would cause holes in the system, which would create issues on the site.

~ Glenda
    Under your post you will see Report Post triangle on the left; Edit Post button in the middle.

It's possible that new members require a certain number of posts (maybe 5) before they can edit anything (?)

upload gambar

Quote Originally Posted by zylon View Post
    ^^^ Posts have to be edited within 2 days; after which the edit button disappears.

Under your post you will see Report Post triangle on the left; Edit Post button in the middle.

It's possible that new members require a certain number of posts (maybe 5) before they can edit anything (?)

upload gambar
    Seems to be the case. I have the 'Edit post' button now. It just appeared after my 4,5th? post. Any idea how many posts before you can post links?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast