Ability to edit posts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ability to edit posts?

this is an on-again-off-again issue. I've seen it many times before.

the "quote" reply function only brings up the first few words of the quote text one wishes to quote. This is OK because trying 2 or even 3 times wiil eventually succeed in pulling up an entire quoted text.

the real problem is with the "edit" function because there's no way to try 2 or 3 times.

things are not always like this. Tomorrow the problem could resolve & we could be back to normal editing.

in the meantime there's only one workaround. Never Make Any Mistakes .

''A narrow place can hold a thousand friends" - old Syrian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by humble_pie View Post
    this is an on-again-off-again issue. I've seen it many times before.

the "quote" reply function only brings up the first few words of the quote text one wishes to quote. This is OK because trying 2 or even 3 times wiil eventually succeed in pulling up an entire quoted text.

the real problem is with the "edit" function because there's no way to try 2 or 3 times.

things are not always like this. Tomorrow the problem could resolve & we could be back to normal editing.

in the meantime there's only one workaround. Never Make Any Mistakes .

quote functions are working for me. edit works as well. What kind of browser are you using?

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    quote functions are working for me. edit works as well. What kind of browser are you using?
    Lee

i've been using IE in the forum. I'll try another browser & see what happens.

the problem is intermittent, only occurs perhaps 15% of the time. I've seen another member describing exactly the same phenom, so i'm fairly sure i'm not making things up!

the prob only matters with the Edit function. This does not have rich text, with a partial text presentation there is no option to refresh or renew or change or delete. At the same time the post is only partially presented, or only the first few words are presented, so it cannot be edited.

this does tend to keep one on one's toes, since the only workaround is Never Make a Mistake .

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

today the Reply Quote & Edit functions are working fine.

as mentioned, the problem only recurs perhaps 15% of the time. I wouldn't bring it up, would be more inclined to think it's a personal browser issue for me, except that i've seen at least one other member describing the same phenom.

who knows why or how it happens. Perhaps one of those inexplicable quirks of life

Hey there,

I have tested the functions as you mentioned on FF and I was not able to replicate them.

I'm glad to hear all is well, for now.
    If you see these issues arise, please provide us with a link to the thread/posts where this happens, as well as the time of day this occurred.
    That information may help us with the investigation.

Thank you for your patience throughout this,

Richard.

i don't use FF though. Usually on here i'm using IE.

it's a minor intermittent issue, probably not worth any more than the most lackadaisical of investigations. I've only ever seen one other member mention it.

next time i encounter this prob with QUOTE i'll get a screenshot as well as a date-stamped post link & send them to you.

on the good side of things, the phenom does help one try to Never Make a Mistake .

Thank you so much, I would really appreciate it

~ Glenda

Something is up, were the edit permissions changed for older posts based on age of post? I can only edit my last few posts but nothing from a few days ago and prior!

I use this for monthly diary updates, where I need to press "edit" to copy-paste the formatting tags from the prior month's money diary entry.

When was the last time you tried to do this? Right now the limits have been set to 2days after posting for edits. Not sure if this was done intentionally or not. Need to investigate.

Kevin

Can the edit function be expanded indefinitely?

I use the edit function in my money thread to:
    a) update the first post, and
    b) as a template every time I create a new entry.

A two day limit on editing removes my ability to do this.
    Is there a reason it's set to 2 days vs indefinite?

Couch potato journey-Hidden Content .
    Child's RESP-Hidden Content .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast