Cameco (CCO) - Page 8
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameco (CCO)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uranium101 View Post
    good to know that you guys are committed. But it is one of the largest unrealized capital loss I have in my portfolio lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto.gal View Post
    Could be longer.

Uranium: if I were you, I would adjust my weighting; you can do this at the right time & without incurring any capital losses.

Uranium
    T.gal is right.
    i am a buyer if it dips further.
    i have no problem holding them long term.
    have a great week

by the way .... i do not work for CCO

everyone is turning away from nuclear, you might have to wait a long time for a rebound (if any)

Quote Originally Posted by blin10 View Post

1. everyone is turning away from nuclear
    2. you might have to wait a long time for a rebound (if any)
    1. Everyone? There are countries, that in fact, are pursuing expansions of their existing power plants & easy to guess what countries these are.

Visit the IAEA website.

2. And how much longer for the alternative energy technologies to start, 20/30/40 years?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blin10 View Post
    everyone is turning away from nuclear, you might have to wait a long time for a rebound (if any)
    As far as I am aware Germany is the big one turning away from Nuclear, lots of countries are building more plants, including China, India and the USA. I reckon bright futures of Uranium, just need to wait this dip out and there will be profits out there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto.gal View Post
    1. Everyone? There are countries, that in fact, are pursuing expansions of their existing power plants & easy to guess what countries these are.

Visit the IAEA website.

2. And how much longer for the alternative energy technologies to start, 20/30/40 years?
    T.gal
    sometimes we have to stop and think why some people are rich.
    just for our own thinking right
    he bought BAC also am I correct?
    i am sure i am correct.

“Frequently, something out of the blue like this, an extraordinary event, really creates a buying opportunity. I have seen that happen in the United States, I have seen that happen around the world. I don’t think Japan will be an exception” – Warren Buffett, March 21, 2011

Germany just using 3.2% of world nuclear by megawatt capacity . the biggest European user is France with 17% and I didn't read any rumors that France wants to stop using it. Nuclear share of France electricity production is above 77%.
    The World Nuclear Association say that China, South Korea and India are pursuing ambitious expansions of their nuclear power capacities, with China aiming to increase capacity to at least 60 GWe by 2020, 200 GWe by 2030 and 400 GWe by 2050.South Korea, they say, is planning to expand its nuclear capacity from 20.7 GWe in 2012 to 27.3 GWe in 2020 and to 43 GWe by 2030. They say that India aims to have 20 GWe nuclear capacity by 2020 and 63 GWe by 2032

the biggest European user is France with 17% and I didn't read any rumors that France wants to stop using it.

Hollande promised to reduce the share of nuclear energy to 50% by 2025.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/EE...r_1510121.html

Quote Originally Posted by al42 View Post
    the biggest European user is France with 17% and I didn't read any rumors that France wants to stop using it.

Hollande promised to reduce the share of nuclear energy to 50% by 2025.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/EE...r_1510121.html
    iN THE SAME ARTICLE "During a round-table with the parliamentarians, Proglio explained that power demand in France could increase by 40% by 2025 and this would automatically reduce nuclear power's share significantly."
    So, if you do simple math , increase by 40% will bring down nuclear exactly to 50% without closing any reactors.

Quote Originally Posted by gibor View Post
    iN THE SAME ARTICLE "During a round-table with the parliamentarians, Proglio explained that power demand in France could increase by 40% by 2025 and this would automatically reduce nuclear power's share significantly."
    So, if you do simple math , increase by 40% will bring down nuclear exactly to 50% without closing any reactors.
    Yup..I read that, problem is when people hear that someone is reducing their nuclear power output they sell their uranium stocks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gibor View Post
    I hold small position in ETF URA Global X Uranium and in losses big time. This ETF biggest holding CCO with 17% allocation, ... in a long term I'm bullish on U... was thinking to sell what is left in URA and buy CCO... at least thus I can get 2%+ dividend while waiting....URA has no dividend...
    what do u call "a small position" on a losing ETF if u do not mind me asking you?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast