Cameco (CCO) - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameco (CCO)

I own around 2000 shares of cco. I average down and down and down another down.
    Horroble nights i have had.
    But deep down, i know nuclear will prevail.

The fundmental got crippled for maybe 5%. But still good growth prospect.

IMO, instead of continuing to average down & locking new capital in this constant volatility, you should have traded, saved the profits and then bought at every dip, at least that way you would have been buying with profit.

I have a good ACB on my long-term position and continue to add with profits.

What's not to like in CCO?

Btw, were you copying my portfolio? Because I too have many shares of MFC [but I trade them as well].

Would like to get in at some point once the dropping stops for more than a month or two.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto.gal View Post
    IMO, instead of continuing to average down & locking new capital in this constant volatility, you should have traded, saved the profits and then bought at every dip, at least that way you would have been buying with profit.

I have a good ACB on my long-term position and continue to add with profits.

What's not to like in CCO?

Btw, were you copying my portfolio? Because I too have many shares of MFC [but I trade them as well].
    seriously? I am new here lol. I wouldn't known what you put in your portfolio.
    I am just buying what is cheap and the price dropped dramatically for no good reasons. CCO and MFC are the good ones.

Having your portfolio copied is just about the best compliment one can receive as an investor.

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldCrump View Post
    Having your portfolio copied is just about the best compliment one can receive as an investor.
    what about someone giving you their money to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by daddybigbucks View Post
    what about someone giving you their money to invest?
    That would be the difference between Warren Buffet vs. Bernie Madoff

i'm thinking this might be somewhat nice in cameco & will be getting nicer if stock falls. Buy ccj jan 2014 10 calls, bid 9.60 ask 10.40. One would aim to purchase for 10.15, maybe 10.20.

then sell ccj jun 23, bid 1.10 ask 1.20. One might aim at 1.15 but if one had been lucky on the buy one would be content to collect 1.10.

cost of this lovely spread might be 9.05. Its upside is 13.00 before 2014. That's good enough.

if you bought a stock that appreciated 40% in 2 years 2 months you'd be happy too, right.

ps that june 23 strike price is a bit on the high side because i've already taken all the capital gains for 2011 that i can tolerate, so i'm trying to keep the gains down.

long before june those jun 23s will get rolled over, maybe to something lower & more aggressive, with a higher premium to be collected. Bref this strategy is like a covered write on steroids. Except that the long leg is not the stock, it's a 2014 LEAPs call option. It all costs roughly half as much as purchasing cameco stock.

don't even think of mentioning the missing dividend. It's a 2% dividend yield compared to 10% capital gains yield. Of course, the gains yield has more risk ... so what were you expecting, a freebie christmas present ?

Humble Pie is a pr option trader I see.

I thought about buying a long term Call option at these levels. Since I will be going long, I want to get in earlier because I need time to save up money to possess the actual shares. However, after running some numbers, I believe that using margin and line of credit prove to be better due to the following:
    1) won't miss out on that dividend
    2) the interest rate equivalent of that call option is around 10%+ even if i used cash

margin interest rate is only 4.25%, and line of credit is only 4.5%. I ruled out using options all together.

I have been to find a way to use options to fit my strategy of buy and hold, or anything that is in my favor; however, the option market just failed miserably for my taste.

even nicer. Down to 8.60-8.70 now.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast