Cameco (CCO) - Page 17
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Cameco (CCO)

Quote Originally Posted by gt_23 View Post
    Where do you see the demand coming from? Medical?

Do you think demand for nuclear power will increase given recent trends?
    i'm not sure what you mean by "recent trends" but it does seem clear that the waste generated by nuclear power, problematic though it may be, is less problematic than the warming that may be occuring as a result of burning fossil fuels for power

france has been getting 2/3 of it's power from nukes for a long time with a very good safety record

i think it is gradually being seen as the lesser of 2 evils and the demand will surely kick in someday, when that will be is another question

could be a buying opp around the corner here, a strike is shutting down operations at a couple of CCO's N. SK. Mines.

SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN--(Marketwired - Aug. 27, 2014) -

ALL AMOUNTS ARE STATED IN CDN $ (UNLESS NOTED)

Cameco (TSX:CCO)(NYSE:CCJ) announced today that, in response to receiving strike notice from the United Steelworkers Local 8914, the company initiated a shutdown of its McArthur River mine and Key Lake mill operations and will cease production at those sites.

The union has advised Cameco of its intention to commence strike action, effective 12:01 a.m. on August 30, 2014. In response to the strike notice, Cameco issued a lockout notice effective 12:01 a.m. on August 30, 2014 to assure a safe and orderly shutdown of its facilities. Cameco is continuing to meet with the union during the 72-hour notice period.

The work stoppage involves approximately 535 unionized employees at the two operations. Contract negotiations began in November 2013. The previous four-year contract expired December 31, 2013. In July, the company and union jointly applied for conciliation under the Canada Labour Code.

A labour disruption is not expected to affect the company's 2014 uranium delivery commitments to customers. Cameco may draw on a variety of supply sources including primary production, and existing purchase commitments and inventories.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I like CCO at these levels and took a starting position today with 500 shares.

The union could not have chosen a worse time to strike. Yellowcake is near record lows at $30/pound and there is excess supply in the system. Cameco is probably happy to shut down McArthur River for a few weeks; they have all the bargaining power.

Yellowcake prices are up 3.2% to $32.50 today. Despite the impending shutdown at McArthur River, Cameco will be able to meet all customer commitments through other sources including drawing down their inventory.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle20234894/

Thanks United Steelworkers for increasing the value of Cameco's inventory while not jeopardizing their ability to supply customers!
    Last edited by Ethan; 2014-08-28 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Thanks United Steelworkers for increasing the value of Cameco's inventory while not jeopardizing their ability to supply customers!
    +1 lol

(Too bad that I don't have spare cash to buy more shares - only have 50, purchased for $20.50 back in July... )

Quote Originally Posted by Moneytoo View Post
    +1 lol

(Too bad that I don't have spare cash to buy more shares - only have 50, purchased for $20.50 back in July... )
    I sold on Monday....waiting for sub-$20 for a re-entry.

Cameco and the United Steelworkers have agreed to a tentative deal to end the strike:

http://business.financialpost.com/20...ks-union-says/

https://www.equities.com/news/cameco...for-january-10

Hindsight being 20-20 a coworker and I discussed buying more in December. Would have been a great return short term. Long run would have put me overweight in both sector and company.

Still good news for those that hold. Still under water since I purchased post fukishima. Long term hold for me. May trim if it ever gets back into the 20s. Cheers

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast