Cameco (CCO) - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cameco (CCO)

Quote Originally Posted by daddybigbucks View Post
    I sold my cco yesterday. 18% gain in a few months is good for me.
    Ouch, that sucks. Sorry about that. Its gone up almost every day since.

Any thoughts on where this is going? Looks like it dropped right back down to where it was 6 months ago. I'd like to own this, but preferably at a lower P/E.

CCO has dropped for its $27 highs in March to $20 with the latest 4.5% drop yesterday after news of a tax avoidance squabble with the CRA:

To review: In 1999, Cameco set up a subsidiary, Cameco Europe Ltd., in low-tax Zug, Switzerland. Cameco then signed a 17-year deal to take the uranium it produces in Canada and sell it to Cameco Europe before it made its way to the end customer.

By injecting a middleman into the transaction, Cameco is able to sell the uranium to Cameco Europe at the low prices reflective of 1999. As a result, Cameco is recording little to no profit in Canada. Instead, all the profits appear in Zug, where the tax rate is lower.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle18989010/
    A recent RBC report on the supply and demand of uranium forcasts that the market will remain oversupplied until 2021.

We have completed a detailed review of our supply/demand model. The global uranium market continues in a state of significant oversupply. Active annual supply exceeds demand by a significant margin, and on top of that, significant excess inventories have been and continue to be accumulated post the Fukushima disaster, particularly in Japan. We now expect the market to remain oversupplied until 2021, and for prices to be constrained over the next three to four years as a result. [...]

Source: http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/...eadid=22632447
    Things are looking down right now for CCO. I own some CCO I am going to be watching it more closely.

I bought CCO as a long-term hold because I expect the long-term demand for uranium to increase dramatically. This pick up in demand is taking a lot longer than I expected. I still think there is potential here.

Quote Originally Posted by favelle75 View Post
    Ouch, that sucks. Sorry about that. Its gone up almost every day since.
    im not sorry. I took the proceeds and put them in ALA.
    i try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    CCO and uranium is a good space but its just too sporadic for me.

are you still holding?

Quote Originally Posted by daddybigbucks View Post

i try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    +1.

I sold 1/2 for about 30% profit, which was adjusted/lowered from my original exit strategy, but the recent & quick highs were hard to ignore in this particular space.

I plan to pick up the sold 1/2 again with same cash/profits still sitting in my account; not far from my current ACB.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto.gal View Post
    +1.

I sold 1/2 for about 30% profit, which was adjusted/lowered from my original exit strategy, but the recent & quick highs were hard to ignore in this particular space.

I plan to pick up the sold 1/2 again with same cash/profits still sitting in my account; not far from my current ACB.
    Are you at least thinking of buying back into ECA too?

^ Oh, I did buy back!

Remember I was initially in & out in the $30's in 2010 [ u thought I had been crazy, remember?], so it was a no-brainer getting back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    I bought CCO as a long-term hold because I expect the long-term demand for uranium to increase dramatically. This pick up in demand is taking a lot longer than I expected. I still think there is potential here.
    Where do you see the demand coming from? Medical?

Do you think demand for nuclear power will increase given recent trends?

Quote Originally Posted by gt_23 View Post
    Where do you see the demand coming from? Medical?

Do you think demand for nuclear power will increase given recent trends?
    I expect the demand to come from Japan restarting the nuclear reactors and from China. I also think long-term more countries are going to want to use nuclear as it is one of the cleanest ways to generate electricity.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast