Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hybrid View

Smile Introduce Yourself!

I thought I would start a thread so that we can get to know a little about the contributing community.

I'll kick things off. I am FrugalTrader (twitter), the blogger behind Million Dollar Journey and co-founder of Canadian Money Forum. To say the least, I am a personal finance and investing enthusiast who is on a journey to financial freedom.

Tell me a little about you!
    Hidden Content - Follow my journey to one million in net worth..

Administrator CanadianCapitalist's Avatar
    Great idea FT.

I'm the blogger behind Canadian Capitalist and the other founder of this forum. I've been a finance enthusiast for many years now and am passionate about helping other Canadians in their quest for financial success.

I'm an electrical engineer / software developer at my day job and live in Ottawa with my wife and three kids. I don't get to devote too much time to my other pursuits these days but my hobbies include photography, astronomy, hiking, bicycling, snow shoeing etc.
    Hidden Content -- Helping you invest & prosper

Preet from WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com

I'm Preet and I'm the blogger behind WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com.

I used to be a financial planner and stockbroker, used mostly ETFs and index mutual funds and offered investors the choice of by-the-hour, fee-based and transactional fee structures. Once I realized how rare that was, I realized I had bigger fish to fry. Now I'm working on the institutional (and retail, really) sell-side for an index fund manufacturer.

I'm a 30 year IT professional who is getting married this summer. We own a condo in Toronto. I'm a bit a foodie and spend my time trying to taste new and exotic foods at various restaurants. I also enjoy traveling, sports, and cooking.

I recently started a blog called My Findependence Day. It focuses on personal finance and I hope it will help focus my thoughts and hash out a retirement plan for us.
    Hidden Content
    My Wealth, Savings and Investing Goals to Reaching Financial Independence

I'm Jonathan Chevreau, financial columnist with the National Post and author of Findependence Day, a financial novel that was published by Power Publishers in October 2008. See www.financialpost.com/fd

I wrote a non-fiction book in 1998 called The Wealthy Boomer: Life After Mutual Funds, which spawned a magazine of the same name [now defunct but like Zoomer magazine today]. The book also led to an early financial discussion forum called The Wealthy Boomer, which ran from 1999 to 2005. For various reasons, it faded away [see the novel for some hints] and it morphed into The Wealthy Boomer blog housed at the Financial Post web site: www.wealthyboomer.ca.

Apart from a Saturday column in the paper and mid-week ones that may appear in the Post or various Canwest dailies, I do the Wealthy Boomer video interview. Preet has been one of my guests and I hope we can do more with other members and founders of this forum.

I'm new to Twitter [as JonChevreau] and am on LinkedIn. I wish the founders of this forum the best of luck: I sure don't want ever to have to moderate a discussion forum in my lifetime again but appreciate the fact that others are willing to take it on. Done right, you can achieve much good.

Excellent idea FT.

Hi! I'm Tim the blogger behind Canadian Dream:Free at 45 and as you can tell by the blog name I want to be at least semi-retired by 45. Realistic? I hope so, but life happens so if I miss it by a few years I won't be too upset. After all, my other focus on the blog is being happy.

I'm married with two boys and living in Regina, SK.
    Hidden Content - A blog about Early Retirement and Happiness

Hello, I am the moneygardener. I just turned 30 and I live in Brantford, Ontario with my wife and 15 month old son. I enjoy personal finance, investing, & following the stock market & the business world.

My hobbies include the 3 R's; running, reading, and red wine. At this very moment my hobby most days is playing "soccer" in the basement with my son who just does a lot of carrying around balls & laughing.
    Hidden Content -shovel ready

Banned
    My name is Jim. My wife Natalie and I work in the sales industry. We used to live in North York, Ontario but now live in Mississauga, Ontario. We enjoy doing many things together including working out, watching movies and travelling (cruising is our favorite). My personal hobbies include gaming (World of Warcraft) and watching the UFC.

My wife is more athletic and earns more at work than I do. She humours me by jogging 5km 3 times a week with me. She has completed a marathon in Rome, Italy.

I graduated from the faculty of engineering at the university of Toronto but no longer work in that field.

Although we became millionaires in our early 30s, my wife and I live a life very similar to when we were dating and had very little money, except that we travel a bit more now. We live in a townhome (no mortgage) and drive honda civics. We could probably live in a monster home, drive fancy cars and eat out every night, but that would be a lot of work and we're quite lazy people.

My web site is located in my sig and outlines some of my investing experiences over the years. I have been featured on television from Global TV, Rogers TV, Report on Business (ROB) TV and CP24. I have also been interviewed by The Toronto Star, The Globe and Mail, and MoneySense magazine. These interviews can also be found on my website.
    Last edited by Rickson9; 2009-05-21 at 12:49 AM.

I'm a 40-ish year old financial advisor based in Ontario (hence my user name). I am paid via fees and commissions depending on the client situation. I don't have a blog and I prefer to stay anonymous. I haven't posted to discussion forums for years but I was a regular on the old Fund Library forums in the late 1990s until it changed hands. When I heard about this forum, I figured I'd dip my toe in and see how it goes.

Hi, I'm David, 23 year old university student going to McMaster for Chemical & Bioengineering. love the stock and investment business, thinking about getting a corporation started soon to wet my feet in day trading but right now mainly focused on US equity market in value stocks and M/A or litigation speculative plays, and general recovery plays.

There is a lot of people with great experience and credentials here, hope to learn a lot from you guys and hopefully contribute some to the board as well.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast