Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Smile Introduce Yourself!

I thought I would start a thread so that we can get to know a little about the contributing community.

I'll kick things off. I am FrugalTrader (twitter), the blogger behind Million Dollar Journey and co-founder of Canadian Money Forum. To say the least, I am a personal finance and investing enthusiast who is on a journey to financial freedom.

Tell me a little about you!
    Hidden Content - Follow my journey to one million in net worth..

Administrator CanadianCapitalist's Avatar
    Great idea FT.

I'm the blogger behind Canadian Capitalist and the other founder of this forum. I've been a finance enthusiast for many years now and am passionate about helping other Canadians in their quest for financial success.

I'm an electrical engineer / software developer at my day job and live in Ottawa with my wife and three kids. I don't get to devote too much time to my other pursuits these days but my hobbies include photography, astronomy, hiking, bicycling, snow shoeing etc.
    Hidden Content -- Helping you invest & prosper

Preet from WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com

I'm Preet and I'm the blogger behind WhereDoesAllMyMoneyGo.com.

I used to be a financial planner and stockbroker, used mostly ETFs and index mutual funds and offered investors the choice of by-the-hour, fee-based and transactional fee structures. Once I realized how rare that was, I realized I had bigger fish to fry. Now I'm working on the institutional (and retail, really) sell-side for an index fund manufacturer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm a 30 year IT professional who is getting married this summer. We own a condo in Toronto. I'm a bit a foodie and spend my time trying to taste new and exotic foods at various restaurants. I also enjoy traveling, sports, and cooking.

I recently started a blog called My Findependence Day. It focuses on personal finance and I hope it will help focus my thoughts and hash out a retirement plan for us.
    Hidden Content
    My Wealth, Savings and Investing Goals to Reaching Financial Independence

I'm Jonathan Chevreau, financial columnist with the National Post and author of Findependence Day, a financial novel that was published by Power Publishers in October 2008. See www.financialpost.com/fd

I wrote a non-fiction book in 1998 called The Wealthy Boomer: Life After Mutual Funds, which spawned a magazine of the same name [now defunct but like Zoomer magazine today]. The book also led to an early financial discussion forum called The Wealthy Boomer, which ran from 1999 to 2005. For various reasons, it faded away [see the novel for some hints] and it morphed into The Wealthy Boomer blog housed at the Financial Post web site: www.wealthyboomer.ca.

Apart from a Saturday column in the paper and mid-week ones that may appear in the Post or various Canwest dailies, I do the Wealthy Boomer video interview. Preet has been one of my guests and I hope we can do more with other members and founders of this forum.

I'm new to Twitter [as JonChevreau] and am on LinkedIn. I wish the founders of this forum the best of luck: I sure don't want ever to have to moderate a discussion forum in my lifetime again but appreciate the fact that others are willing to take it on. Done right, you can achieve much good.

Excellent idea FT.

Hi! I'm Tim the blogger behind Canadian Dream:Free at 45 and as you can tell by the blog name I want to be at least semi-retired by 45. Realistic? I hope so, but life happens so if I miss it by a few years I won't be too upset. After all, my other focus on the blog is being happy.

I'm married with two boys and living in Regina, SK.
    Hidden Content - A blog about Early Retirement and Happiness

Hello, I am the moneygardener. I just turned 30 and I live in Brantford, Ontario with my wife and 15 month old son. I enjoy personal finance, investing, & following the stock market & the business world.

My hobbies include the 3 R's; running, reading, and red wine. At this very moment my hobby most days is playing "soccer" in the basement with my son who just does a lot of carrying around balls & laughing.
    Hidden Content -shovel ready

only PF bloggers?

Hmm... I'll break the trend of PF bloggers posting (maybe this means I should start my own ).

30 year old - married for 3.5 years
    Work in biotech.
    I enjoy 'studying' PF because I'm sick and tired of getting the same sh*ty returns - and paying for it.

My favoruite past time is photography.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59599310@N00/

I'm very happy to be able to participate in these communities. For the most part, everyone is respectful, and it seems that everyone just wants to increase the general knowlege pool - very altruistic.

I am 37 and work in the financial services industry. I do not have a blog, but have been a long time reader of most of the blogs mentioned above. I really don't know where you people find the time to write your blogs.

Man, I was beginning to feel inadequate without a blog, but I'm reassured by the last 2 posts. Never really had the inclination for it and I particularly despised having to keep a personal journal back in highschool english.

Anyway, I'm a 41 yr old CAD operator specializing in structural and architectural dwgs. I was worried about possible construction slowdowns affecting my work but, to the contrary, our office has seen a real uptick in requests to quote. I think lots of people in the industry are looking forward to the upcoming stimulus spending.

Due to some instability in my personal life as well as saving for a home purchase (closed early last summer), I was heavily invested in bonds and GICs. When the time came, I also withdrew 20 grand from my RRSP mutual funds under the CMHC home buyer plan towards a 20% conventional mortgage downpayment. As a result, I was well-positioned to weather the market crash this past fall.

However, dodging that bullet was a bit of a wake-up call to pay more attention to my finances. This lead me to start reading most of your blogs above and I look forward to learning more from those blogs and this forum.

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast