Introduce Yourself! - Page 11
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself!

Hey,

I'm new here. Live in the east coast, looking to get into real estate and investing. Lots of good stuff on this site, it takes away from my day job!

I'm 25, lots of student loan debt, decent job for the area, live at home with minimal expenses. Looking for a place to start and learn. I have big goals (some may say dreams) and am excited to get started. If you guys have suggestions I'm more then ready to hear them!!

72camaross <- I like cars.

Hi , I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Hi All,

I'm your average early thirty something year old with 2 kids and a mortgage. Living in Montreal, I am the blogger behind www.beatingtheindex.com.

Like many amongst you, I plan on retiring waaaaaay before 65!

Cheers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Hi All

I am in my early 40's, married for 17 yrs and have two children. We both have professioal jobs (not in the financial world) and run a small business. Since turing 40 I have become very focused on becoming debt-free and having a net worth of one million dollars by the time i'm 50. I hope to use the advice and knowledge shared on this site to reach my goals
    Last edited by R.O.V.; 2010-10-09 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Clarity

Hi, my name is Alfred and I am a personal finance enthusiast :-)

I'm 28, and work full time as a Web/Software Developer. I am quickly building up my own company on the side as I have a desire to work towards financial independence.

I'm very keen on personal finance and investing and have decided to turn around our debt and plan for the future. I've been maintaining net worth statements since Jan 2009, and looking back, we have turned our -26k networth into a positive one.

I enjoy reading (educational stuff), photography, hiking, computer games (damn world of warcraft), travel, biking etc...

Hi, I am new here and basically frugal and cautious.
    I enjoy spending my money on myself and my loved ones, and not giving it away to the system unnecessarily.

I like tinkering with boats and old cars.

I am 45 and a home owner with a live in g/f and an empty nest.

I have no interest in early retirement as long as I can continue my present job. If it ever evaporates, I want to be secure enough to not have to relocate or make dramatic career changes.

Greeting from (steamy) Ontario

Hi folks, james here, joined to engage in friendly conversation about the current state of economic affairs, as seen thru the eyes of my fellow Canucks, and to discuss the second half of 2010.

A veteran of web forums (have run a few myself) i'm impressed by the exchange here (good civility, tone etc).

Not a sophisticated investor, but recently very active in understanding the economic forces at play, ever since the crash of Oct. 2008. (which I narrowly missed taking a hit on)

In Oct 08, I suddenly became acutely aware of the conditions affecting my assets, and began studying things day-by-day. (that was after I sold all the equities in a panic, going to cash). In Mar/Apr 2009 bought back into the equities market, (tsx) and watched spellbound, as markets climbed the wall of worry until mid-june '10, when i went to cash again. (the BMO quant memo, GO TO CASH', pushed me to sell)

Now sitting 60% liquid (includes some gold metal), and the balance in CDN boring safe utilities, and oil and gas service sector, where i feel the distributions, yield and underlying values might hold up. I have my eye on stocks like CPG, but waiting to see where oil goes (aren't we all). Today, i feel it can just as easily drop to $60 bbl before it lands at $70.

My main interest is understanding (to a point) the marco movements and to understand how this whole global economy functions; in particular as it pertains to Canada, where i plan to continue investing. This means of course understanding the US economy intimately and it's markets, and to some extent the EEC and their sovereign debt crisis too. Therefore i spend a lot of time reading Marketwatch, bloomberg, and a plethora of blogs (Mish's a favourite), and downloading various analysts comments.

Agree with Meredith Whitney that US RE will drop another 20% and I have been repeating this same thing for 12 months myself. I'm in the a double-dipper camp, expecting a US recession.

Regard the real US unemployment rate as about 20%, and foresee a coming 20% drop in US RE into 2011, which will set the stage for the next leg down, but imagine it will not be a sudden drop like 2008, but rather a slow grinding down of the DJIA to something like 8,500 to 7,500 depending on the US stimulus, of course. Confidence will ebb this time round (rather than crash) into the Q4, is my feeling.

Looking forward to reading the opinions here, moving forward into this uncertain future.

james

Hello From Nova Scotia

Hello,

I have obviously just joined. I am a young financial consultant from Canada just looking to network and learn through conversation. I am surprised there are not more general finance forums around.

Oh well I am here now,

Cheers,

-James

Hi

Hi I'm Renee!

These forums look very informative. I look forward to sharing some ideas and taking part in the discussions!

See you around the forum!

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast