TD Bank (TD, TD.TO) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TD Bank (TD, TD.TO)

This thread was interesting to read back, jason26, did you end up buying? It is below the $80 mark. I thought the same, as a month ago, I would have been happy to buy less than $80, and was more than happyto buy some in the $70's....

I am also curious to see at what parice/time, some of these (CIBC, TD) will do a share split.....perhaps when they consistently trade in the $90 mark?....

Although what consistently trades at any price these days...

when td neared $100 some years back it still didn't announce a share split, so in the 70s or 80s i'm not holding my breath.

Thanks humble, once I wrap up my degree I'm thinking of taking the CFA route to become a buy-side analyst or if it all goes robo an IT person to maintain the HFT platforms. I've had a few sales and customer service jobs but was never really thrilled about them. I don't think I could be successful on a banks retail front.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ddkay View Post
    Thanks humble, once I wrap up my degree I'm thinking of taking the CFA route to become a buy-side analyst or if it all goes robo an IT person to maintain the HFT platforms. I've had a few sales and customer service jobs but was never really thrilled about them. I don't think I could be successful on a banks retail front.
    They do recruit right out of school which is how I got my foot in the door. You can move up very quickly if you stand out from the crowd.

Send me a PM if you want more detail into the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
    7 years.. hmm.. wonder how long I'll be with TD. Hey Abha, what position in the company should I target? I'm not really an aggressive salesman. And I don't care about lending. Just pure investing. They should probably peg me as senior gold analyst or something. I can't see myself moving to Ontario at all. Vancouver is a decent option out here though. I wish TD would expand in the western US because I could see myself down there too.
    Argo, what do you do with TD right now?

Quote Originally Posted by ddkay View Post
    Ddkay, are you doing a finance degree right now or something in computer science? I can't see the markets going anything close to robo any time soon, but there still is a huge demand for someone with a command of both financial markets and computer programming. By volume HFTs are a huge proportion of trades, but the actual amount of capital employed is tiny by comparison. Obviously if I move $1 in and out of 100 positions in a minute, it seems like I'm working with a lot more money than I actually am.
    I wouldn't say HFTs are a thread to traditional asset managers, I'd say low MER ETFs and such are the real threats.

I think buy-side would be really cool in that you actually get to see your decisions/work put into motion. I'm working on the sell-side which is also really sweet, but our work stops with a recommendation, so there isn't the whole portfolio management side of things which I really find interesting.

@Dmoney, I'm not in CompSci, I'm actually not very good at software programming. I'm more of a hardware person - managing enterprise infrastructure like routers, switches, etc. I can get by with shell scripting/perl/tcl for that.

However, due to the nature of IT, I'd have to renew my certifications every 3 years. If I'm hopefully employed my company should cover the expenses of continuously writing new exams.

AFAIK the same is not true of CFA Level I-III charters, so I'd only have to write those once. It's initially much less capital intensive than an MBA, but it should be relatively easy to find a starting job in the $50-60K salary range.

Hey,

I am a little confused as to what TD is paying out for a dividend. On some webpages I see .47C and on others I see .86C.

What is the current dividend? I usually look at the globe and mail, but I have seen several inconsistency's on many sites.

The last dividend I received on July 31, 2014 was for 47 cents. Next payout expected at the end of this month.

The stock is at a bargain price right now, under $52/share FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by the-royal-mail View Post
    The last dividend I received on July 31, 2014 was for 47 cents. Next payout expected at the end of this month.

The stock is at a bargain price right now, under $52/share FYI.
    Yeah, that's why I am looking at it right now. It says on TD's investor relations page that the dividend is .86C per share, but I cant find that info anywhere else.

http://www.td.com/investor-relations...-plan/drip.jsp
    Last edited by Fraser19; 2014-10-15 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser19 View Post
    Yeah, that's why I am looking at it right now. It says on TD's investor relations page that the dividend is .86C per share, but I cant find that info anywhere else.

http://www.td.com/investor-relations...-plan/drip.jsp
    that's because you are looking at year old info, December 2013 the dividend was 0.86, then stock split came, and so did dividend increase, so the dividend per share now is .47, in dec 2013 it was 0.86

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast