How much do you spend on gasoline per month?

View Poll Results: How much do you spend on gasoline per month?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • <$100

13 34.21%
  • $101-$200

8 21.05%
  • $201-$300

11 28.95%
  • $301-$400

2 5.26%
  • $401-$500

1 2.63%
  • >$500

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you spend on gasoline per month?

How much do you spend on gasoline per month?

Reading another thread I was surprised how much someone spent on gas a month ($500). I've never come close to that so I'm curious how much others burn.

Oh, if you know how much you drive, please post that in the comments.

I usually use just under 2 tanks per month ~100L which gets me about 1100km. 90% city driving.

Last edited by Sampson; 2011-06-11 at 03:21 PM.

I average about $260 a month at the current price. A little bit of background as I think it is important to understand each poster's requirements and rationale why they spend money on gas before we pass any judgment and/or offer any sort of advice/input.

We only have 1 car, it is a Nissan X-Trail, one of those compact SUV. The fuel tank capacity is 60L and it has 4 cylinders.

I use it for work daily (about 15km each way). I also visit my mom at least twice weekly (about 30km each way).

I have entertained the thought of trading it in for a smaller car with a better fuel efficiency but have held off for now for a couple of reasons

1. We are moving to another place next year and the SUV will come in handy for that (not saying we can use this to move everything but it can only help having the extra room). The wife wants me to hang on to this for now.

2. My mom has a pretty serious case of arthritis. We had a Toyota Camry before getting the X-Trail and my mom much prefers the SUV. Again not saying she should influence our lifestyle but happy wife + happy mom = happy life ;-)

I typically go to Petro-Canada stations to get my Petro Points and also to get 5 cents off 1 litre with the discount card. The local Costco will open a gas bar soon so I will make sure to check that out.
    Minto/Monarch/Cardel new homes referral avail. in Ottawa

I used to get 7 to 8 L/100km in my old Honda and 4 to 5 L/100km on my crotch rocket. I rode the bike whenever possible and used a trailer as a "truck". Spent about $100-$200/month depending what I did besides a short commute.

Now I bicycle everywhere local unless it rains or I need the trunk. My new car guzzles like a thirsty alcoholic downtown but it does better at a 180kmh cruise. I spent 500+ on "super plus" and probably more this month. Need to get a motorbike for travel. Gas is like twice the cost in Europe, so Canadians shouldn't fret.
    When everyone thinks the same they don't think at all

My husband and I are similar to modesour, we take our bicycles as often as possible. People think we're a bit crazy to take the chariot and bike to Costco etc, but damn, at todays gas prices we can't afford to be driving everywhere!!

Our van is ~16 yrs old now and although its hard on fuel, we only fill it maybe once a month, more in the winter, less in the summer, so it's still viable for us to hang onto it. It has a 100L tank, so thats about $120 or more per fill at todays prices. Hubby has a motorcycle which has been off the road since baby came, but I have a feeling that will change when we move to Ontario later this summer.

My wife uses her car for work (as opposed to using it to get to and from work)

She goes through about 275 litres a month.

I drive to and from work (in a truck)
    I use about 320 litres a month.

So total that's about 600L a month, @ say 1.25, that's about $740 a month!

Anybody use more than that?

we have three vehicles and a boat so well over $500 a month.

About $350/month.

Car is turbocharged, so it uses up quite a bit of gas and can only take Ultra 94 (courtesy of Suncor )

About $125 at $1.20 a litre.

We have a truck with 8/4 cylinder shut off. Transportation to/from work is provided. I think we fill the truck and the car once per month each, so 120L + 60L. Occasionally fill up in the states. Lately, we've been driving the truck more for recreation, which is really adding up, probably an additional tank per month.

We have three vehicles
    2 tanks at about 100 liters - used for commuting and used for work for spouse
    3 tanks at about 240 liters - used for communiting an used for work for me
    3 tanks at about 210 liters - used for the nanny to drive the kids while we're at work and for her use too.

So about 550 liters at 1.20, would be $660. We do write alot off each month.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast