Google Finance and Questrade

Thread: Google Finance and Questrade

Google Finance and Questrade

No matter what I do with Google Finance I cannot seem to get its results to match my Questrade results and I cannot figure out why.

Is there another non-google program where I can simply download my whole Questrade history via CRV and dump it into a online program which will be accurate?

The thing google seems to mess up is my cash. I cant seem to get it to deduct cash when I buy ect. I have it set as cash linked.

Questrade is more accurate.

Google Finance is delayed and is not always 100%, especially with after hours and pre-market.

I use Qtrade, GFinance and YahooFutures.

Quote Originally Posted by KaeJS View Post
    Questrade is more accurate.

Google Finance is delayed and is not always 100%, especially with after hours and pre-market.

I use Qtrade, GFinance and YahooFutures.
    I want a simple and accurate online portfolio tracker. It's too much of pain to log into various Questrade accounts every time I want to look.

Quote Originally Posted by clovis8 View Post
    I want a simple and accurate online portfolio tracker. It's too much of pain to log into various Questrade accounts every time I want to look.
    How real-time does it have to be?
    Google is close enough for the most part, TSX quotes are delayed by 20 mins. or so.
    If you need to "track" your portfolio, I don't understand why Google, Yahoo or any of the other sites don't fit your needs.
    OTOH, if you want the information to be at the speed of light for day trading, you got to pay for the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldCrump View Post
    How real-time does it have to be?
    Google is close enough for the most part, TSX quotes are delayed by 20 mins. or so.
    If you need to "track" your portfolio, I don't understand why Google, Yahoo or any of the other sites don't fit your needs.
    OTOH, if you want the information to be at the speed of light for day trading, you got to pay for the tools.
    I dont care about real time at all. I invest, I dont trade, but it irks me I cant seem to get Google to provide accurate numbers. I may be doing something wrong but I cannot for the life of me figure out what.

I never had much luck with google finance handling cash or dividends, I still use it but not for those things. Just for glancing at my current value and cost basis.

I use my own spreadsheet if I want to calculate returns after dividends. In fact it's my export from my own spreadsheets that I import into google finance.

I'm actually thinking of doing my own online portfolio tracker due to frustrations with my current options.

What bothers me is that you can't get Google to handle different currencies all that accurately. I also noticed the dividends recently got very broken on google finance. I guess you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    What bothers me is that you can't get Google to handle different currencies all that accurately. I also noticed the dividends recently got very broken on google finance. I guess you get what you pay for.
    I wonder if that is what is screwing me up since I have Can and US currency equities.

There's a way in Questrade to link accounts so that you don't have to keep logging in and out also. Works really slick. In the my account stuff somewhere you can put in a request to do it. Pick your main account and then link others to it.

i am on google for all kinds of things but google finance just blows ..

i recommend the globe investor free version which does a pretty good job