Where to Find Car Organ in Montreal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to Find Car Organ in Montreal

The part in post # 3 responding to the suggestion of kijiji / craigs list that says "Most of the seller on kijiji sell scrap car instead of it's part" suggests that the first step of finding a place to buy just the part has yet to be solved. Without being able to buy just the part, IMO one can't move to step two of what the price is.

Now someone with experience with cars and car part buying is going to recognise that the desired price might not be possible.
    Based on the other threads, I suspect the OP is new to the process/choices/prices.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by donald View Post
    ... Good luck finding the perfect set of splash guards
    you could get close at your local scrap yard but i doubt you will find the perfect pair
    Perhaps you mean "pristine condition"?

If you mean "the right fit", the wreckers I use have stopped allowing customers to go into the yard (likely because of insurance costs). You plug into their web site the make, model, year then their database tells you if they have the part. If you have any questions, you call and the person on the phone asks questions.

If you like the price, they tell you when to show up to pick up the part(s) and pay.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic12 View Post
    The part in post # 3 responding to the suggestion of kijiji / craigs list that says "Most of the seller on kijiji sell scrap car instead of it's part" suggests that the first step of finding a place to buy just the part has yet to be solved. Without being able to buy just the part, IMO one can't move to step two of what the price is.

Now someone with experience with cars and car part buying is going to recognise that the desired price might not be possible.
    Based on the other threads, I suspect the OP is new to the process/choices/prices.

Cheers
    Once again, the issue is not where to find new splash guards at a parts stores or at the dealer. That is simple since there are many easily available sources, that the OP has evidently ruled out since he/she is looking for "organ" cars, knowing a "new" part will otherwise be expensive.

We both know the real issue is finding a part for $1-2 - even if able to be found used it will certainly be more than a buck or 2 as I suggested in my first post. Yes, the OP is obviously new to car ownership, and it seems to the realities of car ownership costs.

Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Really?

You honestly think the person who wanted to buy a car, didn't have insurance and wondered if they needed insurance to test drive a car where the car's owner has a suspended license is already aware of the various sources of parts for said car?
    http://canadianmoneyforum.com/showth...st-drive-a-car

This sounds like a person without a lot of experience.

I would have phoned insurance companies to get their take on it, long before I posted on an anonymous internet forum where the info may be 100% correct but be 100% useless as it applies to another part of the country.

This confidence that sources are already known then rejected seems a bit of a leap to me ... but whatever.
    IAC, I seem no harm in making sure the OP knows there are several places to check. What the OP finds is YMMV situation anyway.

Cheers
    Last edited by Eclectic12; 2016-02-25 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added detail; adjusted layout

I don't need splash guard any more as my car run just fine without it but my car seem to drink more gas in the city. I think I want to try replacing fuel injector hoping it will save me more gas in a long run. By the way, my car is 2002 which is 15 years old now so I just want the part from a wrecker but I don't know one in my area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12