Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX.TO) - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX.TO)

Quote Originally Posted by KaeJS View Post
    Shouldn't this thing be up at $50 where it belongs?
    All my stocks should be up where they belong.
    Oh, the injustice of it all

Any thoughts on ABX at the moment? Was looking at getting in on Goldcorp, but this stock is very similar. Just off a 52-week low, analysts report this stock as a strong buy.

Just bought ABX at $40.70, averaging down and G at $40.80, haven't seen these levels for some time, hopefully good entry points!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

On gold stocks this is certainly one of those be greedy when everyone is fearful times. Maybe the gold bull is done but I really don't think so because all the problems in the world are still there and there wasn't any kind of parabolic rise on the part of gold stocks.

it cracked 200 ma, watch out it CAN turn ugly

It will probably get very ugly blin10 before it gets better but I think in the end it will be much better for those who are buying now.

Yup, the shorts are crawling out of the woodwork and they'll be all over gold like white on rice.

No hurry to buy yet, this will be ugly for some time.

On my watch list right now... haven't seen it this cheap in a while. You can always average down later even if it does turn ugly before it turns great.

this is a good spot to sell a cash secured put if you don't want to hold the stock long-term but want to take some leverage off its pop back up.

I like the July 41 put for 2.87. If you end up getting assigned the stock your cost base is only 38.13 which is a steal for this company. This company is priced for $1000/oz gold right now but I don't think gold will drop below $1000 again due to its increasing scarcity. The new mines they are digging are of lower value with higher costs of extraction or are located in politically unstable parts of the world.

Very cheap gold is a thing of the past because if the price drops most of the new producers become uneconomic and new exploration and development will cease.

I'm presently already long Goldcorp and Nevsun for gold and Hecla for silver. I have held ABX in the past and may sell a put soon.

If you are interested in selling puts in undervalued stocks, HAL is another good one right now.

Picked some shares up yesterday below $40. Anybody else think this is a great swing opportunity? Multi-year lows, blue chip company.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast