Mcdonald's Free Coffee - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mcdonald's Free Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by mode3sour View Post
    That's the thing, when I go to Starbucks for the annual "anthropological expedition" (ERE) I never see anyone buy the plain coffee it's so bad I end up buying some $6 macchiato thing. I'll drink espresso straight out of a Bialetti though
    For me, I find Starbucks coffee more expensive (even their regular), so on the very few occasions I do go, I go for the fancy things. I think of it as like going to a dessert cafe and ordering a salad.

Just got a free coffee via drive through. Tomorrow is the last day!
    Hidden Content - Follow my journey to one million in net worth..

^ How was the coffee, FT?

I thought it was very good. It never had the cigarette ash taste that most commercial coffees have!
    Hidden Content - Follow my journey to one million in net worth..

Has anyone else tried this coffee since this thread began? Comments?

I had a cup during the free period, and I retract my previous statement that I prefer it (at least over Tim's).

Terrible. The coffee is bland. I liken it to the reaction I get from aspartame. Upon the first sip, there are hints of flavor textures and some sort of profile of complexity, then after 1 second, you taste water.

Any Moka pot or French press with half-decent beans will outperform. I'll stick with more traditional brewing methods.

I have had the odd watery cup from McD (same as TH). Not sure why they are not consistent. I have had several pretty good cups there, too. To be fair, I find TH more variable in quality.

I always get a DD from TH's. Not coffee, more like a dessert.

Has anyone tried the espresso at Tim's yet? or even at McD's yet? any opinions on those?

TH has the best peach drink and chili.

MCD has the best egg mcmuffin and coffee.

Though none (except for black coffee) is a particularly healthy choice, so I don't get them often. Only sometimes.

I've tried a latte from McD. It was adequate--nothing to write home about (though I'm not crazy about SBUX, etc. either). I don't think the TH espresso is out yet, is it? I'll try it when I see it in store. I just hardly ever go there.

I drink my drip coffee with a splash of milk to moderate the acidity a little bit. I think this is a perfectly healthy beverage, as long as I don't overdo it with the caffeine. Packed with antioxidants.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast