Parking money after Tangerine/PCF promotions end
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking money after Tangerine/PCF promotions end

Parking money after Tangerine/PCF promotions end

Just curious where you planning to keep your cash after Tangerine 3% and PCF 2.6% promotions end?
    Regular rates in both sux ...just 0.8% on HISA, even People Trust gives only 1.45% ... Also both Tang and PCF may have new promo only on new money ....
    Tangerine, after promotion ends, usually offers special GIC offer at 2% for 1 year ... maybe one of the options to lock some money.....

Back into CDF for me @ 1.5%. Going to start pulling monies out of Tangerine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    Back into CDF for me @ 1.5%. Going to start pulling monies out of Tangerine tomorrow.
    Why so early? My 3% promo until Dec 20.....

Oh oh ... just check CIBC and they have "Limited time offer: earn 1.75%* interest on new deposits when your balance is $5,000 or more." until Feb 29 ... it's very likely that I'll move all my cash there and will be waiting for Tang or PCF promotions

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Nov. 30th for me.

I think I got the regular 3% promo and not the special 3% promo that you had to ask for or get invited to?

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    Nov. 30th for me.

I think I got the regular 3% promo and not the special 3% promo that you had to ask for or get invited to?
    I just called in and they gave me 3% for 6 months ... it ends Dec 20

thanks gibor on the heads up on cibc
    i have a HUGE amount with tangerine
    @ 3% ending dec 20- but i believe
    that they will extend or provide a
    new promotion to keep me as a
    high worth customer.

Quote Originally Posted by AMABILE View Post
    thanks gibor on the heads up on cibc
    i have a HUGE amount with tangerine
    @ 3% ending dec 20- but i believe
    that they will extend or provide a
    new promotion to keep me as a
    high worth customer.
    I don't know what amount you have... I have around 200K and don't think they gonna extend this promotion ... after previous promotions , I was talking to Tang managers and in best case they offered me GIC, but than interest was less than PT was offering just for HISA.
    In any case, if you will be able to negotiate new promotion, please let me know....
    My problem that on Dec 19 we're going to Cuba and I won't be able to talk to Tangerine until we come back.... so if I will leave money there, I will be losing more than $5 daily comparing to moving to CIBC

My 3% offer is good until late December but we are also leaving for a holiday and won't be able (willing actually) to move it around until we get home in mid January. I will move mine to Hubert financial at 1.8% until new deals come open. They have a quarterly term deposit, total one year duration that starts at 1.9% in the first quarter and goes up from there. You can withdraw money at the end of each quarter with no penalty. Average interest for the entire year is 2.05.

gibor and itchy - can you not call tangerine from abroad @ their # 1 888 826-4374

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast