Parking money after Tangerine/PCF promotions end - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Parking money after Tangerine/PCF promotions end

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    Zag looks good to me. Think I'll open an account next week and test it out.
    please let us know who it's going on

Account setup was easy and all online. Took less than 10 minutes. The internet magically pulled some history from my SIN number I guess. To verify my identity I had to confirm an old address from like 8 years ago. No idea how it got this info, especially at midnight on a Friday lol

Had to write out a cheque, and then take a photo of the cheque with my phone. Transfer should take place in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by peterk View Post
    No idea how it got this info, especially at midnight on a Friday lol
    I think they are linked with TransUnion.....it generates questions based on your credit file.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

doth mine eyes deceive me??

The zag bank link up thread now says:

"Which is why we're offering 2.5% interest on all Zag Savings accounts until March 20, 2016 if you reach a minimum balance of $1,000 into your Zag Savings account by November 27, 2015 (midnight EST)."

I swear yesterday this said "by December 31, 2015".

Navigating through their homepage I can find NO reference to a 2.5% promotion anywhere... What the HELL???

What is going on with these shady online bank websites??? Retroactively changing promotions (ZAG), dubiously unclear fine print with misleading interest rates published (PCF) and weird ass invite-only promotions, unless you call, but then it's slightly different promotion (Tangerine).

Are these fucking BANKS or what that we're transferring hundreds of thousands of dollars around between??? I have more confidence in shopping from Beyondtherack.com than I do in these screwed up websites posing as banks!

^looks like zag is indeed changing their promo on the fly,

but I did crunch the numbers on a PCF promo in one of the threads here, and found that they are not misleading, they do pay the annualized rate they advertise, even though it's paid at the end of the promo; I found is was the correct amount annualized, to the penny, so in other words, no compounding was lost, except possibly the few days between when after the promo was over and the day the interest landed in the account.

Overall I agree perterk, the tangerine thing was kinda wierd too, but I'm happy because I phoned in and got the special six-month deal
    a financial message board can cost you money.
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

The most recent Zag promo, where they said we had until Dec 31 to register.. lasted only one week before they changed it lol
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

I see nothing on the Zag site about a promo at all now, now the rate is 0.80%, looks like I will be moving to Hubert after all when the Tangerine promo is done.
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

I actually recall a few weeks ago seeing a Zag commercial on TV for the 2.5%, the first I've heard of Zag. When I went to the website, the date that the TV promotion expired was the day before. So they were actually advertising on TV for a promotion that had already ended. Now last week it said December 31st, now this week it says Nov 27, and that it's ended. Holy hell.

Just tried to login to Zag to see if I can cancel my transaction and close the account. Login doesn't work. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrPPincer View Post
    I see nothing on the Zag site about a promo at all now, now the rate is 0.80%, looks like I will be moving to Hubert after all when the Tangerine promo is done.
    I will be moving to CIBC ... it's just 1.75%, but it's a solid bank without Zaq tricks

Is Zag a bank? If so, given the sleezy tactic of changing rates on a fly despite the advertised good-to-date, would it not warrant a complaint to the bank ombudsman or such? Food for thought.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast