Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation

  1. #41
    Senior Member My Own Advisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    4,783
    Quote Originally Posted by doctrine View Post
    Really? How about all the people who bought at $40 or even as high as $43? The $25.50 offer doesn't look so good to a lot of shareholders. This is defeat, not victory. It will probably succeed, but only really manages to save face for poor management. This isn't a takeover at an all time high such that everyone wins, it's only about 58% of the all time high in 2015 and still only 65% of the 2016 high.
    I didn't mean those folks....more the buy low, and got in early. Agreed, not everyone wins here - depends on your holding period and entry point!

    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    851
    Seems it will be some time before shareholders get that $25.50. Considering low dividend, it may be just as well for shareholders to sell now and deploy their funds in other ways?

    The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of all regulatory approvals, and is expected to close prior to the end of the third quarter 2017.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    326
    ^^^^^^ agent99- agree that should sell now ($25.25) and deploy elsewhere

    but why isn't it trading now @ $25.50 ?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by AMABILE View Post
    ^^^^^^ agent99- agree that should sell now ($25.25) and deploy elsewhere

    but why isn't it trading now @ $25.50 ?
    Market usually figures these things out. What will $25.25 be worth by September (assumes deal closes then) if invested? Probably more than $25.50, so good reason to sell.
    Still slight chance deal does not close or another bidder comes in.

    I only have convertible debentures, so will hold them until the end and continue to collect the 5% coupon interest.

  6. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1,917
    I usually sell if there is a takeover offer. You can wait a week or two and see how the stock is trading; if it matches or exceeds the offer price, it means the market is anticipating an increased offer or competing bid. Otherwise, just sell - the stock usually has maybe a 0.5% per month to expected close as a discount to the offer, a discount for the time value of money. 1% is pretty tight though. It doesn't seem like a great offer to me; it was trading higher just 5 months ago.

  7. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Okanagan Valley
    Posts
    3,464
    Yeah, but D+H is headed downhill and needed saving. What it traded for 5 months ago is not relevant when one is standing on jello. I'd take the money and run.


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •