Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by doctrine View Post
    Really? How about all the people who bought at $40 or even as high as $43? The $25.50 offer doesn't look so good to a lot of shareholders. This is defeat, not victory. It will probably succeed, but only really manages to save face for poor management. This isn't a takeover at an all time high such that everyone wins, it's only about 58% of the all time high in 2015 and still only 65% of the 2016 high.
    I didn't mean those folks....more the buy low, and got in early. Agreed, not everyone wins here - depends on your holding period and entry point!

Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Seems it will be some time before shareholders get that $25.50. Considering low dividend, it may be just as well for shareholders to sell now and deploy their funds in other ways?

The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of all regulatory approvals, and is expected to close prior to the end of the third quarter 2017.

^^^^^^ agent99- agree that should sell now ($25.25) and deploy elsewhere

but why isn't it trading now @ $25.50 ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AMABILE View Post
    ^^^^^^ agent99- agree that should sell now ($25.25) and deploy elsewhere

but why isn't it trading now @ $25.50 ?
    Market usually figures these things out. What will $25.25 be worth by September (assumes deal closes then) if invested? Probably more than $25.50, so good reason to sell.
    Still slight chance deal does not close or another bidder comes in.

I only have convertible debentures, so will hold them until the end and continue to collect the 5% coupon interest.

I usually sell if there is a takeover offer. You can wait a week or two and see how the stock is trading; if it matches or exceeds the offer price, it means the market is anticipating an increased offer or competing bid. Otherwise, just sell - the stock usually has maybe a 0.5% per month to expected close as a discount to the offer, a discount for the time value of money. 1% is pretty tight though. It doesn't seem like a great offer to me; it was trading higher just 5 months ago.

Yeah, but D+H is headed downhill and needed saving. What it traded for 5 months ago is not relevant when one is standing on jello. I'd take the money and run.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345