Finally, TD just upgraded this stock to an Action List Buy (aka Strong Buy) as a result of the significant stock price drop. Unless there is actually an issue with the company and the short sellers are right, I believe the stock price has room to grow.
I tend to keep reits and any other stocks with ".un" in my TFSA. In fact that's all I have in that account. I don't have to worry about keeping track of anything, or pay the higher taxes on the "income" part.
It's not that bad though (if you have to buy in a non-registered), everybody seems to do it
Just read up on ROC so you understand it. Pretty sure all companies that pay out ROC have a record of exactly how much of their distributions were paid in ROC each year.
I agree it is not overly complicated. Tax slips and income summaries from brokers provide that information. One just has to remember that when they get their T3 tax slip....to go back and do the ROC adjustement on ACB effective December 31 the previous year.
The biggest issue that I think gets missed is if someone sells a partial position during the tax year. One does not really know the ROC adjusted ACB for the date of sale until the information becomes available from the tax slip the following March.
Does anyone have insight into what happened to this stock today? It's down nearly 4% and the only news I see is about a successful proof of concept trial with Rabobank for near-real-time cross border bank transfers. Seems to me that would be good news for the company!
DH CORP has agreed to be taken over for $25.50
I thought it would be for $26.00 or more
but i'm still happy with this price because
i bought at the low end @ $14.14
Congrats to all who bought in years ago and held!
Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.
I don't hold the stock, but do own the Convertible Debentures. Not sure exactly how this will work, but either they will buy the CDs or I may have to convert to DH shares & then get $25.50?
THis is what press release said on this:As it is, I own the 5% 2020 convertible debentures. No mention of those above, so I presume they will be purchased at face value plus interest to closing date. Considering I paid close to face value, continuing to earn close to 5% until closing date (3rd qtr 2017) seems like the thing to do.Within 30 days following the close of the transaction, as required in accordance with their terms, the Company will make a cash offer to purchase all of the outstanding convertible debentures of D+H at a price equal to 100% of the principal amount thereof plus accrued and unpaid interest (the "Debenture Offer"). In addition, beginning ten trading days before the anticipated date of the closing of the transaction, until 30 days after the Debenture Offer is delivered, holders of the 6.0% Convertible Debentures will be entitled to convert their debentures and receive, subject to the completion of the transaction, an additional number of D+H shares as set out in the 6.0% Convertible Debentures prospectus. Completion of the arrangement is not conditional on whether holders of convertible debentures tender to the Debenture Offer or convert their debentures to receive D+H common shares.
Last edited by agent99; 2017-03-15 at 10:22 AM.
right on , doctrine---i bought in november 2016
when it really dipped to it's 52 week low