Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by cn_habs View Post
    Is anyone buying at this level? DH's revenus have pretty much been flat.
    I bought some yesterday at about $30.00. This is a solid business, I couldn't help myself at those levels.

Is anyone buying at this level? DH's revenus have pretty much been flat.
    I initiated a position yesterday; however, I was unable to catch the bottom of the range yesterday. That said, I still ended up with a gain yesterday, and further gains today. While revenue has remained flat, it has trended up -- as has EPS and FCF. Per TD's analyst report, EPS and FCF are anticipated to grow next year. Forward PE is currently sitting at about 13.5x and P/B is about 1.7x at the current closing price of $34.90. Debt is still sitting at the higher end for my liking, but I do recall seeing it at a higher level in the past. So, it seems to me that they're starting to pay it down. In the past, this stock increased its dividend every year. However, the last couple years, it has kept its dividend at the quarterly payment of $0.32 per share. I think this shows management is being prudent and making sure it keeps sufficient capital to fund acquisitions or to pay down debt.

Finally, TD just upgraded this stock to an Action List Buy (aka Strong Buy) as a result of the significant stock price drop. Unless there is actually an issue with the company and the short sellers are right, I believe the stock price has room to grow.

Is it too complicated to keep track of those dividends in a non-reg compared to a registered?
    Well it's definitely more work to keep track of ROC. The Income and dividend distributions are easily laid out in the tax receipts you'll get from your broker.

I tend to keep reits and any other stocks with ".un" in my TFSA. In fact that's all I have in that account. I don't have to worry about keeping track of anything, or pay the higher taxes on the "income" part.

It's not that bad though (if you have to buy in a non-registered), everybody seems to do it

Just read up on ROC so you understand it. Pretty sure all companies that pay out ROC have a record of exactly how much of their distributions were paid in ROC each year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I agree it is not overly complicated. Tax slips and income summaries from brokers provide that information. One just has to remember that when they get their T3 tax slip....to go back and do the ROC adjustement on ACB effective December 31 the previous year.

The biggest issue that I think gets missed is if someone sells a partial position during the tax year. One does not really know the ROC adjusted ACB for the date of sale until the information becomes available from the tax slip the following March.

Does anyone have insight into what happened to this stock today? It's down nearly 4% and the only news I see is about a successful proof of concept trial with Rabobank for near-real-time cross border bank transfers. Seems to me that would be good news for the company!

DH CORP has agreed to be taken over for $25.50

I thought it would be for $26.00 or more

but i'm still happy with this price because

i bought at the low end @ $14.14

Congrats to all who bought in years ago and held!
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

I don't hold the stock, but do own the Convertible Debentures. Not sure exactly how this will work, but either they will buy the CDs or I may have to convert to DH shares & then get $25.50?

THis is what press release said on this:
    Within 30 days following the close of the transaction, as required in accordance with their terms, the Company will make a cash offer to purchase all of the outstanding convertible debentures of D+H at a price equal to 100% of the principal amount thereof plus accrued and unpaid interest (the "Debenture Offer"). In addition, beginning ten trading days before the anticipated date of the closing of the transaction, until 30 days after the Debenture Offer is delivered, holders of the 6.0% Convertible Debentures will be entitled to convert their debentures and receive, subject to the completion of the transaction, an additional number of D+H shares as set out in the 6.0% Convertible Debentures prospectus. Completion of the arrangement is not conditional on whether holders of convertible debentures tender to the Debenture Offer or convert their debentures to receive D+H common shares.
    As it is, I own the 5% 2020 convertible debentures. No mention of those above, so I presume they will be purchased at face value plus interest to closing date. Considering I paid close to face value, continuing to earn close to 5% until closing date (3rd qtr 2017) seems like the thing to do.
    Last edited by agent99; 2017-03-15 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by My Own Advisor View Post
    Congrats to all who bought in years ago and held!
    Really? How about all the people who bought at $40 or even as high as $43? The $25.50 offer doesn't look so good to a lot of shareholders. This is defeat, not victory. It will probably succeed, but only really manages to save face for poor management. This isn't a takeover at an all time high such that everyone wins, it's only about 58% of the all time high in 2015 and still only 65% of the 2016 high.

right on , doctrine---i bought in november 2016
    when it really dipped to it's 52 week low

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast