Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis and Hendersen or D+H Corporation

"will announce its financial results for the third quarter of 2015 by press release on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 after market close."

wish it was before market opens

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldCrump View Post

thankx for this. Amber Kanwar is one journo who's right in the eye of the storm, isn't she?

harold what do you make of this new breed of sullen, frumpy, ill-spoken short sellers who are succeeding in bringing some of what Kanwar calls "darling" stocks down to their knees?

james4 has posted that he thinks iti's all a market phenom, the market was far too overbought to begin with. If that's true, then i guess sullen, frumpy, ill-spoken & Co are going to have a field day.

Q: who are SFIS going to behead next?
    ego borago gaudia semper ago

Hmm this drop is certainly surprising (and fishy). If it drops to $30 again or lower, I'm willing to buy. Looking forward to financial results though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

they just revised the earnings release to be "before market opens"

I think that's positive?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/d-h-an...020900357.html
    Last edited by Canuck; 2015-10-26 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by humble_pie View Post
    thankx for this. Amber Kanwar is one journo who's right in the eye of the storm, isn't she?
    Yup, she is certainly courageous for taking on these irascible Yankee short sellers.
    She is not afraid to ask the tough questions and does not get unnerved when they lose their temper and fire back at her.
    More than one of these irascible yanks have been fooled by her demeanor and thought they could walk all over her.

harold what do you make of this new breed of sullen, frumpy, ill-spoken short sellers who are succeeding in bringing some of what Kanwar calls "darling" stocks down to their knees?
    Here is the full video of Jason Donville talking about it (also interviewed by Amber).
    He is asking the question, where does this end? What is next? Are these yanks going to go after the Canadian banks next?

james4 has posted that he thinks iti's all a market phenom, the market was far too overbought to begin with. If that's true, then i guess sullen, frumpy, ill-spoken & Co are going to have a field day
    Q: who are SFIS going to behead next?
    So I think this whole oil crash and the warnings around real estate crash have turned the world's attention to sleepy, frozen, Canada.
    These American short sellers and other speculators have traditionally focused on the US tech, bio-tech, and mining sector.

Because of our energy sector carnage since 2014 summer, they have suddenly realized that there is an entire stock market north of the border that they can raid to make profits.

They would have started with the energy sector and realized that they are already oversold, so there is no easy money to be made by shorting it further.

Secondly, these Yanks are not geologists, mining engineers, or have any specialized training in O&G extraction and valuation.
    It is not as easy for them to challenge the valuations of energy and mining companies.

So they have turned their attention to what they know best - bio-tech and financial services.
    It is not super hard to find flaws in financial service, banking, and insurance companies.
    They are all traditionally super-leveraged, carry a lot of different types of derivatives and securities on their books, mark to market valuations can easily be challenged (they are basically your word against mine), etc.

Therefore, these SFIS's are raiding the easiest targets.

Canada's real estate market and the related banking sector (as well as specialty firms like Home Capital, etc.) offer even easier targets.

Of particular concern is that American hedge funds and upstart short sellers have been trying to take down Canadian banks for the last 5 - 8 years.
    Many have tried and failed.

Here are a few upstarts that lost their shirts trying to take down Canadian banks

Meet the man who's selling Canada short

Another hedge fund manager bets against Canada's big banks

Latest Great White Short on Canadian banks not working out

Note the date on the first two article...these upstarts bet against the Big 5 Canadian banks back in 2011.
    We can tell how well that has worked out

However, now the focus on Canada and its stocks are unprecedented.
    Hordes of these SFIS's are now looking for opportunities to raid mid-cap or even large car Canadian companies.

Valeant has perhaps a hole or two in their accounting and business model that can be exploited.

But I feel the DH case is just pure concoction.
    It is possible to take pretty much any financial service stock, dig through their balance sheets and find small sub-companies and question their accounting.
    It is possible to find illiquid, MTM derivative products and question their valuation.

In the video above, Jason Donville makes a similar example...you could find a small community credit union owned by the Bank of Nova Scotia out in Belize and raise a question about that bank's mortgage loans.

Then put out a "report" raising those questions and recommending a "short"
    Then leverage social media to create a flutter.
    Then sit back and watch your short position explode...

Hey, you and I with James4B can do this as a side business....
    Last edited by HaroldCrump; 2015-10-27 at 10:19 AM.

Is anyone interested in getting in? Was guidance revised down hence the drop after turning green at opening?

My limit buy is at 25/share.

This company is now being unfairly beaten up. The Q3 financial results were solid and does not deserve a 5+% drop, in my opinion. Trading at fairly cheap valuations at the moment, unless you really believe the short sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldCrump View Post
    It is possible to take pretty much any financial service stock, dig through their balance sheets and find small sub-companies and question their accounting.
    It is possible to find illiquid, MTM derivative products and question their valuation.
    Aha, here is a new BNN video from a few minutes ago where the analyst is making a similar claim i.e. short sellers are targeting leveraged financial companies.
    She is saying that the DH short report is "templated" i.e. the allegations are generic and vague - you can pretty much fill in any company name and off to the races...
    It uses statements like "appear to be", "increased risk of market conditions", "facing declining revenues", etc.

This is indeed scary...wannabe short selling artists can take these reports, find leveraged financial companies with derivative or MTM assets on their books, or offshore sub-companies, and craft up a case for "fraud".

I looked through their cash flow statements for last several years and their cash from operations appear to be very flat for last several years. Regardless of what's happening with the company last 2 days, what makes D+H corp an attractive buy?
    I Never Lose. Either I Win or I Learn.

and now Boyd group... short report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast