Free pizza slice(s) today at the Annex - Toronto

Thread: Free pizza slice(s) today at the Annex - Toronto

Free pizza slice(s) today at the Annex - Toronto

Just found out by fluke, visiting friend in neighbourhood ....

http://www.panago.com/blog/free-pizza-day-in-the-annex

If you’re in Toronto on Saturday, June 20th head on over to our brand new location at Bloor and Bathurst ‘cause we’re saying “hello!” to our neighbours with a FREE PIZZA DAY! ...
    ... Non-cardboard box pizza ... delicious!

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

would not do the drive on the 400 series highways to downtown TO for anything less than wedding/funeral/family-vist/ or options seminar + family visit.
    That said, that just got me hungry for pizza, & ohh yeah, just happen to have all the ingredients right here w/o even a trip to the store
    a financial message board can cost you money.
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

^ Makes sense ... I just posted for anyone who happened to be in Toronto or in the area ... it's an all day event which is getting rarer and rarer. The pizza is actually very good ... but then of course, can't beat your "home-made" version - what toppings are you using? Not all meats (skunk, raccoon, and ?). Just joking here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Actually turns out these ones are meatless, aside from a little anchovy paste, lotsa cheese though, and spinach, and fresh basil/wild mustard leaves/wild blackberry leaves, all picked outa the back yard, with some of those green olives sliced in half, some garlic powder, some hot chili powder, a lot of paprika, and topped with a light drizzel of olive oil and a few glops of chili sauce, all on two 100% whole wheat totillas.

Would have used fresh garlic instead of garlic powder but I was in a hurry, took me 15 minutes from idea to hot pizza
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

^ Just got myself an instant pizza recipe, thanks! ... why didn't I think of using tortillas for the crust? Usually I get a pizza "kit" (dough, basic sauce) when making a "home-made" version and it's getting pricey for a basic set up.

Pita bread works too for instant pizza but I use torillas just to cut down on the carbs.

It's always a work in progress, this last one was a bit too salty from the anchovy paste plus those green olives, sweetness was a little too high due to the chili sauce (put it on top and thought the caramelization process would lower the sweetness a bit).

Ingredients at hand plus innovation are key,
    This latest one was awesome, but next time I'll be using some homemade salsa instead of the chili sauce, and, cut down on the anchovy (a little goes a long way).
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

Super Moderator
    Pita works well. I take a pita bread, cover with olive oil, then a bit of ketchup or salsa, cheese.

I haven't done that for a while... I know what I'm doing tomorrow