ENF.TO , what are your thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ENF.TO , what are your thoughts?

ENF.TO , what are your thoughts?

hi,

just joined this forum. What are your thoughts on ENF for long term hold ? (10 to 15 years) ? I like the financial but Im pretty new so I cant tell if its over value or value? also is there any reason other than technical for yesterday's 3.5% drop on a high volume?

What do you value the company at?

do you consider enf a low risk or a med risk company ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millmillmillion View Post
    hi,

just joined this forum. What are your thoughts on ENF for long term hold ? (10 to 15 years) ? I like the financial but Im pretty new so I cant tell if its over value or value? also is there any reason other than technical for yesterday's 3.5% drop on a high volume?

What do you value the company at?

do you consider enf a low risk or a med risk company ?

thanks
    this is enbridge's income fund

unless you are buying specifically for their high yield you would be much better off buying enbridge's stock ENB then you get a divvy and growth

it has a beta of .51 which makes it a fairly low risk / low volatility asset

this if for income not growth

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post

unless you are buying specifically for their high yield you would be much better off buying enbridge's stock ENB then you get a divvy and growth

thanks , yes im buying it for the yield specially for the monthly payments.

my other stocks are REI.UN and CAR.UN

Do you know of any other low risk , buy and hold for a very long term , " Monthly " dividend paying canadian stocks?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Not that many stocks pay monthly dividends. Most pay quarterly. Income funds, REITs and the like are the ones that most commonly pay on a monthly basis.

FWIW, it is much easier to keep track of dividends and distributions if receiving them quarterly. For those relying on that kind of income stream, it is just a matter of managing a quarterly, rather than monthly, budget.

Quote Originally Posted by millmillmillion View Post
    thanks , yes im buying it for the yield specially for the monthly payments.

my other stocks are REI.UN and CAR.UN

Do you know of any other low risk , buy and hold for a very long term , " Monthly " dividend paying canadian stocks?
    i hold keyera KEY which has a yield of 3.15, pays monthly and has a beta of .42. ... also shaw cable SJR.B pays monthly and is low beta

i agree with previous poster ... i wouldn't pick stocks based on when they pay divvys

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post

Why much better ENB? ENF also increasing dividends every year....as per growth....ENF outperformed ENB last 6 months, 1year and 3 years

ENF is intended to hold ENB's mature assets. ENF is really an income stock aka he old Bell Aliant, MTS, etc. Technically there is little to no asset growth - there might be market price growth because investors have bid up the price. That in itself is a red flag. Both ENB and ENF are overpriced (P/E ratios are nosebleed) and stock prices could fall as early as Fall 2015 unless ENB can get itself into some other businesses (which is its intent).

Quote Originally Posted by AltaRed View Post
    Both ENB and ENF are overpriced (P/E ratios are nosebleed)
    Actually ENF P/E is more reasonable than ENB
    ENF trailing P/E 23, 5 years avg 26.8
    forward P/E 21.5, 5 y average 22.7
    --------------
    ENB
    trailing 42.9 vs 43.7
    forward 27.3 vs 23.2

Quote Originally Posted by AltaRed View Post
    ENF is intended to hold ENB's mature assets. ENF is really an income stock aka he old Bell Aliant, MTS, etc. Technically there is little to no asset growth - there might be market price growth because investors have bid up the price. That in itself is a red flag. Both ENB and ENF are overpriced (P/E ratios are nosebleed) and stock prices could fall as early as Fall 2015 unless ENB can get itself into some other businesses (which is its intent).
    +1 .... gibor, you get no real growth from ENF where you will from ENB

Quote Originally Posted by gibor View Post
    Actually ENF P/E is more reasonable than ENB
    ENF trailing P/E 23, 5 years avg 26.8
    forward P/E 21.5, 5 y average 22.7
    --------------
    ENB
    trailing 42.9 vs 43.7
    forward 27.3 vs 23.2
    IMO, anything over 20 is nosebleed for a no (low) growth stock but I recognize that is a matter of perspective. Wasn't Bell Aliant high single digit before takeout? MBT is 14, albeit perhaps even lower growth than ENF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast