Could I be doing more? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: Could I be doing more?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Ag Driver View Post
    Just a couple posts up showmethemoney posted purchase prices. Looks to be around 850k + 500k in rentals, not including RESP's
    Sounds right...I don't like looking at that number as its a lot of guess work with the rental property values


  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by showmethemoney45 View Post
    Sounds right...I don't like looking at that number as its a lot of guess work with the rental property values
    I personally enjoy looking at Net Worth. Useful or not. That being said, I don't use anything BUT my purchase price for my home, regardless of the fact that it has increased in value. That being said, when the market crashes, I will be using an estimated market value. Always err on the side of caution.

  3. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    148
    Dammit all to hell-our cabin build is coming in way over budget. Mortgage 2 is adjusted accordingly

    Mar-2016
    Mortgage 1- $158,012 ($600k value)
    Mortgage 2- $149,000 ($250k value)
    RRSP 1- $172,000
    RRSP 2- $9750
    TFSA- $19,550

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    148
    I would just like to point out that I spent less than $100 on clothes/shoes for myself in the last year and brought my lunch every day (minus around 6 times for retirement lunches)...I'm quite proud of myself if you can't tell...

  6. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by showmethemoney45 View Post
    I would just like to point out that I spent less than $100 on clothes/shoes for myself in the last year and brought my lunch every day (minus around 6 times for retirement lunches)...I'm quite proud of myself if you can't tell...
    You should be proud. I'd say that's a good achievement regardless of income.

  7. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by showmethemoney45 View Post
    Dammit all to hell-our cabin build is coming in way over budget. Mortgage 2 is adjusted accordingly

    Mar-2016
    Mortgage 1- $158,012 ($600k value)
    Mortgage 2- $149,000 ($250k value)
    RRSP 1- $172,000
    RRSP 2- $9750
    TFSA- $19,550
    Jun-2016 update!

    Mortgage 1-$152,200
    Mortgage 2-$149,000
    RRSP1- $178,900
    RRSP2- $9945
    TFSA- $19782
    TFSA2- $32,210 (not sure if I should pay down mortgage or save for an unexpected expense)

  8. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    336
    Based on your previous comment about your cabin going over budget, I'd say save for an unexpected expense.

  9. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    148
    Well its been a while since I last reported and a lot has changed. I was laid off a few months ago which was no surprise. Severance and EI will be enough for a while so I can stay home with the kids. We've spent an absurd amount of money on our rental properties and I'm sure they've decreased in value a few hundred thousand dollars I'm hoping the worst is behind us in Alberta but who knows.

    April-2017
    Mortgage 1- $131,000
    Mortgage 2- $141,000
    RRSP1- $192,210
    RRSP2- $10,976
    TFSA- $11,057
    Savings - $50,429

    Ideally we'd like to pay off our personal residence mortgage by July 2018 as our mortgage will have to be renewed by then.
    Cheers

    Last edited by showmethemoney45; 2017-04-18 at 11:42 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •