Get $350 for opening a new chequing account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get $350 for opening a new chequing account

Get $350 for opening a new chequing account

https://atb.com/personal-banking/too...2015-Q4CoreBnk

The offer ends May 31 and you have to add a direct deposit (or two prauthorized payments) by July 31

Hidden Content - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Can non-Alberta people (Ontario) apply for this?

Looks like you have to physically go in branch. bummmer

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

This almost sounds too good to be true. You wouldn't even have to use this as your main account. Just set up two pre-authorized debits and set an auto-transfer each month to cover them, and you should be golden. Keep $2500 in the Unlimited account and there is no service charge. Sounds good to me. Has anyone seen a catch?

^ I'm switching banks here right away and think this will be my choice. I'll report back when I find out the details!

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGal View Post
    Has anyone seen a catch?
    Hold it for 3 months... that's about all I can see. I wonder if this $350 would be taxed? I wouldn't think so.

Edit... oh, and also that you don't get paid for about another 2 months after 3 months of the direct deposits/pre-authorized payments.

Edit2... also that you will pay monthly fees while you hold the account for 5 months ($3.95/mo for their basic account) unless you qualify for their no-fee senior's account or youth account, plus a $20 fee to close the account if you're not planning on keeping it - but then there's a 90-day delay to close the account, so add on another 3 monthly fees, plus some e-transfer or fund transfer fees. So it's less than $300 after you account for fees.
    Last edited by Barwelle; 2015-03-12 at 12:34 PM.

I'm a sucker for free money. Called up an ATB branch and made an appointment for today. Took about 30 minutes to get set up, including online banking access. I linked the account with my Tangerine chequing (where my payroll is deposited). Now I'm in the process of switching over two automatic monthly payments (just did Enmax online, working on car insurance). I signed up for the basic account, which means 15 transactions for $3.95 per month. Bonus won't get paid out until July 15th so it'll cost me $12 or $15 in fees while I wait. From there I plan to either close the account or, if they charge $20 to close it, try and reduce the account to the free "pay-as-you-go" account and just switch the two auto-payments back to Tangerine.

Should net $335 or so, plus I used my co-worker as a referral and he'll get $150. Not bad.
    Hidden Content - Financial Freedom At Any Age
    Hidden Content

Can you refer someone else and get another $150?

Yeah, you can - once you sign up and have an account.
    Hidden Content - Financial Freedom At Any Age
    Hidden Content

Here's the fine print:

[Quote:]
    "Get $350 when you open a new chequing account:

• Cash in when you open a new personal chequing account between Jan 1 and May 31, 2015, and set up recurring direct income deposit (like your pay cheque) AND/OR set up at least two different recurring pre-authorized electronic payments (think bill payments, your mortgage or loan payments or a contribution to an investment) from this account, with the first deposit to and/or payments from the account by July 31, 2015. The same direct deposit or pre-authorized payments must recur for three consecutive months. For example: if the first direct deposit or pre-authorized payments go in/out of your account starting in February, the same deposit or payments need to recur in March and April as well.
    • Get an account that works for you—you’re able to choose from the Basic, Unlimited, ATB Advantage, Generation, Students First or Freedom Account. The only account types not included in this promotion are the Pay As You Go, HELOC and Personal US Dollar Chequing Account.
    • That being said, if you are a current or past ATB personal chequing account holder—including the Pay As You Go, Personal US Dollar Chequing or HELOC account—you’re not eligible for this offer. (But check out our $150 offer when you refer a friend!)
    • There’s only one $350 cash bonus per customer or joint account holder.

Get $150 (or more!) for every friend you refer to ATB.†

• If you’re an existing ATB personal chequing account holder, you get $150 for every successful friend referral. This includes customers with an active Pay As You Go, Basic, Unlimited, ATB Advantage, Generation, Students First, Freedom and/or HELOC Account.
    • A referral is considered successful if and when your friend follows the same process and meets the above conditions for the $350 offer. And make sure your friend tells us they were referred by you when they open their new ATB account!
    • If your referral has—or has had (as of December 31, 2013) a personal chequing account with ATB, they’re not eligible for the $350 offer, and you’re not eligible for the $150 offer.

A few more notes for everyone:
    These offers can’t be combined with any other promotional offer. And if you’re under 18, you don’t qualify. The eligible account must be open and in good standing when the cash bonus is to be deposited into the account. Unfortunately, ATB team members and individuals who are joint on an account with an ATB team member, ATB agents and employees of ATB agents are not eligible to participate in these promotional offers. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke these promotional offers to any person or account holder we find or believe to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, integrity or operation of the promotional offers. And finally, customers are responsible for any action required for tax purposes." [end quote]

Link: https://atb.com/personal-banking/too...2015-Q4CoreBnk

Last edited by mind_business; 2015-03-12 at 06:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast