Buy a laptop - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Buy a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by MadhavJha View Post
    Now a days online shopping is the best option. You can compare your product on different ecommerce site and order from where it is having lowest rate.

Madhav Jhan
    Except you don't see screen quality, which was actually the reason I was considering the Dell, and looking back, maybe I underrated that aspect.

you need to be on the official websites of all the good brand you trusted as they come up with some good deals time to time.

Good used laptops are easy to find on craigslist. Just make sure they aren't stolen before buying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    Where can you get a good laptop cheap.
    They all seem to gouge for more memory or a SSD, anyone have luck lately?
    I know it's always the case they charge a bit more than the retail price difference, but it seems adding a SSD is $500, or moving up to 8gb of memory is a few hundred.

I'm tempted to just buy a laptop and upgrade those components right away.
    Just check out the local bestbuy and get a 500$ laptop(if not then just order off amazon). It'll run all your needs for the average consumer. Any higher end stuff you should just buy a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Just check out the local bestbuy and get a 500$ laptop(if not then just order off amazon). It'll run all your needs for the average consumer. Any higher end stuff you should just buy a computer.
    I wouldn't buy from Bestbuy, Costco is often cheaper with a better return policy.

A Laptop IS a computer, I don't really understand your point. I prefer a desktop, but I actually need a laptop for some things.

Although, it’s down to personal choice and budget, but I wouldn’t be playing with quality just for sake of price. I like decent screen size while I am okay with slightly higher price, at least it’s worthy. I go with HP mainly while Dell is also decent choice.

Consider a SSD for sure, it makes all the difference in day-to-day performance that you will notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Valueinvestor View Post
    Good used laptops are easy to find on craigslist. Just make sure they aren't stolen before buying.
    I am confuse about using stolen laptop. May the original user can find it if I am online?

Also, it is illegal to possess stolen goods.

Yes agree! But many of them buying stolen goods just for cheap price.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast