Canadian Money Forum banner

MBNA Smart Cash

25K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Barwelle 
#1 ·
MBNA is offering a $50 rebate if you apply for and are approved for a Smart Cash credit card through Great Canadian Rebates. For the first 6 months the card returns 5% on purchases of gas/ groceries up to $600 spending per month. After 6 months the cash back drops to 3%. The card has no annual fee.

www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/display/Finance/

Great Canadian Rebates is a portal to which a number of merchants are linked. If you buy through them you receive a cash rebate. I suspect the merchants and site collect data on our spending habits, but I shop with credit cards, so my spending is already tracked. You can receive the rebate as a cheque or as payment to your PayPal account. I have no affiliation to Great Canadian Rebates except as a consumer.

If you plan to apply for the card anyways, why not get $50 for it?

#4 ·
Anyone else have a problem applying for MBNA cards on their site? Their 3rd party site asks you 3 personal questions and after I answer correctly it says I can not be verified (or something like that). Anybody else know if there is a way to apply and still get the rebate?

#9 ·
I have exact same issue as you do, I have tried 4 times from different computers on diffrent days, always get this issue. I contacted MBNA, they have no clue but suggest me to do the application online with warning of that I would not receive the rebate from GreatCandadianRebate.... :confused:.... I am thinking to give up....it is not worth spending such amount of time struggling with this issue....

Does someone have solution?

#11 ·
It is also my favorite card. Got back 300$ in cash in 2011 and you do not have to wait 12 months, the checks come in automatically. My financial advisor for my corporate account does not understand why I do not want the bank's card. But you can exchange those points for anything you want... yeah right, why the additionnal hassle ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.