Spam Reporting!! - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Spam Reporting!!

^ Hey there too. As said your earlier post (#195) was clear enough so not sure what was the purpose of Lee's posting, other than to have you re-clarify his posting??? Btw, who is the official (chief) Administrator on this forum?
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

Hey there,

If there was some kind of misunderstanding and you're offended by my statement, I apologize. However how we elect mods is based on how well they interact with the community. That said, we don't promote anyone without a majority consent from the existing mod team. This is because we've had problems in the past (not just this forum but others as well) where we invite a new mod to the team even though the other mods didn't agree with us and it did not work out as well as we would want it to.

I don't think we're being wrong, we just want a moderator who understands how the rules work and can work well with the other mods.
    If you are that person or you know someone that works well in a team, please feel free to let us know.

btw, we work as a team, but our lead is Danniella.

Lee

^ Okay, thanks for the info.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Hey there,

I don't think we're being wrong, we just want a moderator who understands how the rules work and can work well with the other mods.
    The main problem with being a moderator (besides the lack of pay ), is that some people who are appointed (selected?) as moderator end up being "little dictators" when that self induced euphoria feeling of power goes to their head.

I remember one such individual a couple years back, who started to ban forum users for just about anything he thought was an infraction of the forum rules.

When I complained to him ( site issues and feedback), he felt that he had absolute power, there was no discussion , he
    wouldn't listen to my complaint and BANISHED me as well. I won't mention who he was, but this was clearly an abuse of
    the moderators position. However, he didn't last very long after that, he either quit or was persuaded to take his "moderation skills" elsewhere as he was starting to ban a lot of users, just because he believed they were violating HIS rules.

Being a moderator is a necessary, but by the same token a thankless job, and in some circumstances the moderator can also feel the wrath of the general forum population with more criticism and negative feedback.

So one has to ask..how can someone be selected as moderator, when one doesn't even know the rules that a good moderator should follow?

Here are some rules I found on line...I took the liberty to inject words that are more appropriate to an online forum over a group participation discussion.

TIPS FOR COMMUNITY FORUM MODERATORS
    The Moderator....
    1. Remains neutral.
    2. Establishes ground rules for the discussion and confirms the participants agree with
    the ground rules.
    3. Monitors time to keep the discussion on track. ( *this cannot be done on line, but perhaps to keep the topic on track and\
    not let some individuals "hijack the topic" to promote their own agenda
    4. Checks for clarification of what's recorded and consensus when necessary. ( *again..keep the topic on track)
    5. Makes sure that everyone has a chance to participate. (*not really a problem on this forum except for the occasional spammer)
    6. Defends participants from personal attacks. (*absolutely!)
    7. Makes suggestions on how to proceed. (* not really applicable to an online forum as long as the topic is on track and
    no attempt by individuals to hijack the thread ..especially on the DISCUSSIONS board.

The Moderator does not...
    1. Contribute ideas or evaluate group members' ideas. (* hard to resist, but should the monitor/moderator then even participate in the discussion? This would mean that the moderator cannot do any topic posting either.

2. Interrupt a speaker (poster) unless they are tending to dominate the discussion(topic) (*goes without saying)
    3. Complete participant's sentences for them. (* does that really mean complete the posters post for them?
    4. Send negative nonverbal messages. (* no "flippin' the bird", they mean..I guess.

http://canadianmoneyforum.com/showth...D-cards-online

probably needs to be dealt with as it claims to offer real and fake documents.

Cheers

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819