I have a question related to my car insurance that is coming up for renewal. would appreciate any answers, but can i request that rickson9 if you are reading this post please don't reply. I know you will not have anything constructive to add.
Anyways here is the question.
1.My car (honda accord 2003) and condo insurance is coming up for renewal Feb. 2010
2. My current rate is $352 based on 1 at fault accident and 2 tickets
3. Both tickets fall of my record in March after the three year period.
4. Since my insurance renews in february though, both of them will show on my record and result in higher premiums for the next year
Here is what i'm considering:
1. Put my wife as the only driver on the car, which will mean only she can drive, wait till April and reinstate myself as a secondary driver at which point my tickets will be off my record. Is this viable/legal? Pros and cons of this option?
2. Get rid of my insurance and stop driving the car for a month and reinstate my insurance in the month of april. This will result in a month of no insurance.....
What are ppls thoughts? Appreciate any answers