Empire Company Limited (EMP.A) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Company Limited (EMP.A)

It's pretty scary when it is necessary to write off billions from an acquisition made only 3 years ago. They paid too much and the business is struggling.

The market tends to like these deals when they happen, but there has been no value creation yet.

They paid too much, the acquisition is concentrated in a market that will be economically depressed, and they bungled the integration.

Still plenty of time for them to turn it around. If EMP got low enough, I'd consider jumping in (definitely would have to be below $20, preferably $17-18). Would much rather buy a beat up grocer than Metro or Loblaws at 20+ earnings for 5% or less growth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Yes. I'm not sure we've seen the end of the bad news though.

I would be a buyer under $20.

might be a good hold here for the next 6 months to a a year

Attractive

Obviously, sentiment is that of dislike towards this stock.However, after looking at the cashflows over the past 5 years and the current forward estimates, this stock looks quite attractive even at $22.

Even if we assume a long term 5% decline in cashflows, $22 looks fairly valued. I may pull the trigger soon on this.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by osman3500 View Post
    Obviously, sentiment is that of dislike towards this stock.However, after looking at the cashflows over the past 5 years and the current forward estimates, this stock looks quite attractive even at $22.

Even if we assume a long term 5% decline in cashflows, $22 looks fairly valued. I may pull the trigger soon on this.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    I would agree that ~ $22 represents fair value. Personally, I would wait but that's just my stinginess coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by treva84 View Post
    I would agree that ~ $22 represents fair value. Personally, I would wait but that's just my stinginess coming through.

I decided to hold off for a while as well with the safeway integration issues and the Alberta situation possibly taking a few quarters to sort out.

Broke down below $22, new 52 week low. Many consumer staples names have had a bad start to Q2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast