What are you buying? - Page 583
Page 583 of 684 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 6835

Thread: What are you buying?

Why IQ? Should I wait for the end of the drop and buy it too? It's backed at 0.1 right now...
    good job with GRC by the way

Quote Originally Posted by dubmac View Post
    There's no shortage of "analysts & oracles" especially US, that are warning of a 10% S&P correction over the next few months.
    Yeah...I know, I know...market timing etc., but these articles do an interesting job of explaining why conditions are ripe for a drop.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102593939
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102595532

Dubmac this is why I am staying away from any high flying stocks right now and buying beaten down stocks for dividends and quick flips. I bought SOX at $4.80 4 days ago and sold it yesterday at $5.55, I would have held it longer but it satisfied my upside very quickly. I would have put it in my easy buy thread but I forgot about it and it had already gone up to much before I could post it. I had earlier owned DR and dumped after another fast gain and currently I am holding EIT.UN for the dividends and there has been no big price hike here, so I sit and collect. SJR.B I don't see as a quick flip or easy buy but just a bottom pick but again if it shoots up I will sell it.

I still like gold and silver but that is for the long term and I hold SLW and SSL for this and do play the ups and downs as they come around. On the penny side I own 3000 shares of SGC at 21 cents and had bought 4000 shares at 13 and dumped at 20 not to long ago and may add again if it settles down low again.

Quote Originally Posted by migperreault View Post
    Bought SWY today, first diamond mine in Quebec. As I'm working in mining field and as I talked to colleagues, this diamond mine will run well.
    Also, I'm waiting for LRE and NRX, what are your thoughts?
    What are you waiting for? price to dip? price to rise? My most recent purchase of LRE @ .67. Still way down on this one (almost 40%) but looks like a good move so far. Doesn't meant there isn't more downside risk but I think the correction in these juniors was overdone. don't follow NRX. what are your thoughts? there's lots of stocks out there why these 2?

Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dogcom View Post
    Dubmac this is why I am staying away from any high flying stocks right now and buying beaten down stocks for dividends and quick flips.
    +1 dogcom...well done. I wish I knew where to find more beaten down stocks. seems most are expen$ive.

I follow SWY because I'm working in the field of mining engineering (I'm currently becoming a civil engineer) and I know this mine from other colleagues. For LRE, I saw it passed from 6$ to 0.60$ so I follow the quote to see if the compagny will survive to the oil price... if it does survive to an other down I will buy... what do you think?

EDIT : I also follow these companies because I'm new in investing... What are your companies to follow?

Sold 5 May 15 Naked Puts for SJR.B @ $28 Strike for $0.75
    Hidden Content
    Stocks aren't boring. They all have individual personalities.

Dubmac your right we are now starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for oversold opportunities. Sure you can find oil, gas, silver and gold stocks cheap but there is to much influence being put onto the actual commodities that can keep your stocks trading lower and lower.

Ftt
    car.un
    are

VCN @ 31.1
    Waiting for VAB to drop a bit...

Last week bought 200 shares of che.un. One of my faves.