Home Capital Group (HCG) - Page 12
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Capital Group (HCG)

Quote Originally Posted by besmartrich View Post
    You got it right. So interesting phase right now.
    In my previous experience investors don't seem to like uncertainty, yet this stock is surging despite all the uncertainty!

People would rather eat cat food than give up their home, so I wouldn't expect wholesale defaults unless people lose their jobs and exhaust every other means they have.

Even then, the home would still have value and would be sold.

But all that doesn't really matter. It is whatever Mr. Market decides it is.

As expected, the CEO is retiring.

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...ceo-succession

The stock is trading at interesting resistance; if it goes much above $34, it's the first breakout since the July 2015 plunge. It's trading above all moving averages from 10 day to 200 day, and the 10, 20 and 50 day moving averages are all trending upwards. Of course, it could bounce down like it has a couple of times already. It does look more fairly valued at a P/E of 8, I don't really see it hitting a 10 P/E when some of the major banks are also there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I finally sold my 600 shares of HCG at $36.30. While I believe the stock is still cheap, I think the 50%+ rise from the bottom has really narrowed the discount between them and the bigger banks, and HCG's growth and ROE are definitely slowing from the historical average. Could be wrong but I don't see it moving to a P/E of 10 anytime soon (i.e. a share price of $40 or so) when National and CIBC are only at about a 10 right now with similar growth but more diversification.

Made about 44% total over the last 3 years including dividends as compared to the index return of 13-14%. Not bad!

Not bad indeed! Well played Doc
    What's the plan for the proceeds from the sale?

Cheers

I've been adding to CBL lately, a position I've been building over the last 2-3 months. Not followed on here but I think it's great value and basing well, above the 50 day SMA which is now trending higher.

Quote Originally Posted by doctrine View Post
    I finally sold my 600 shares of HCG at $36.30. While I believe the stock is still cheap, I think the 50%+ rise from the bottom has really narrowed the discount between them and the bigger banks, and HCG's growth and ROE are definitely slowing from the historical average. Could be wrong but I don't see it moving to a P/E of 10 anytime soon (i.e. a share price of $40 or so) when National and CIBC are only at about a 10 right now with similar growth but more diversification.

Made about 44% total over the last 3 years including dividends as compared to the index return of 13-14%. Not bad!
    You sound like a Bay Street analyst.

Wow, watch HCG go. Do you think the shorts are getting a little uncomfortable? 2.4 million short at April 1st (8 days volume), probably far less now.
    Last edited by CPA Candidate; 2016-04-20 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA Candidate View Post
    Wow, watch HCG go. Do you think the shorts are getting a little uncomfortable? 2.4 million short at April 1st (8 days volume), probably far less now.
    Not that I think HCG should drop, but I wonder how much the buy back pushed shares up - they were paying a max of $38.00 a share (at time of writing is 39.30). I think too the housing fears are quelled in the hot markets, at least for now, so the pessimism that was surrounding this stock is gone. I'm very happy to hold HCG, will be doing so for a looooooooong time (assuming no dividend cuts).

Quote Originally Posted by CPA Candidate View Post
    as of april 20th 2.64 million shares short or 3.77. its actually gone up a bit in april.

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast