TV & Internet Package - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TV & Internet Package

I am with SHAW I was paying about 190 a month and I finally had it a couple of months ago. I did a bunch of research with the plan to switch but unless you bounce from promo to promo ( I had no interest in doing that) they were all the same price. So instead we reviewed our channels and cut back to just basic plus the kids package.

For phone we bought the ooma unit and had our line switched over. A bit of one time cost but another savings.

Overall we cut $60/month so far and I'm hoping we can cut more off cable soon.

We are going to add Netflix soon though to supplement our tv. Right now we are using the free shim I trial.

Just Rogers internet here now. $75/month for 350 GB.
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Quote Originally Posted by My Own Advisor View Post
    Just Rogers internet here now. $75/month for 350 GB.
    You should look into Teksavvy. $56.95/month (plus tax) for 400 GB. No contract.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey, thanks Chantl!

I did look at Teksavvy but I should have mentioned I also get 150 downspeed and 15 upspeed with Rogers, and also not under contract with them for $75 taxes included.

I saw 400 GB was $69.95 before tax though?
    https://teksavvy.com/en/residential/...cable/cable-60

Do you really need that speed though? For browsing, streaming HD video, online gaming, etc, you probably won't notice a difference between that and a much lower speed. And even when downloading, I find that download speeds are usually limited by the servers you download from, not the max on your end.

Also might want to look into www.start.ca.

Thanks Sherlock!

I saw 400 GB was $69.95 before tax though?
    MOA - You were looking at the 60 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up package. I guess I have a grandfathered plan. Mine is 35/3Mbps with 400 GB of usage at $56.95. In February of this year it was bumped up from 300 GB of usage to 400 GB of usage along with a price increase from $51.95 to $56.95 due to CRTC-imposed Capability Based Billing (CBB) price increase. The good thing is, whenever Teksavvy needs to implement a price increase they advise their customers in advance, provide an explanation, and remind us that we are never committed to a contract with them. There is always a suggestion to review the package offerings and see if there is one that suits us better. It's such a breath of fresh air and transparency compared to my many years of dealings with Rogers where price increases were not only not pre-notified, but usually inexplicable.

Thanks Chantl...I might look into them more. I recall they use Rogers lines but certainly their customer service (and prices) are better!

Thanks Chantl...I might look into them more. I recall they use Rogers lines but certainly their customer service (and prices) are better!
    You can get both DSL (over Bell lines) or cable (Over Rogers lines) in Ottawa with TekSavvy. Another satisfied customer here. I switched from Bell To Teksavvy DSL and then to Teksavvy cable as at the time DSL was speed limited due to my location.

Using shaw, right now using student plan..paying 25 for 250 GB but in summer will be back to normal plan of 57$..No cable and phone so saved 70$ on it..
    I use netflix

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast