Amazon.ca Rewards VISA Card Commission Free Currency - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Amazon.ca Rewards VISA Card Commission Free Currency

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    TD did not charge me $5 and therefore TD was better for my $500 withdrawals, despite the currency fee (seems to be lower than 2.5% or Chase was actually not 0%)

I just looked it up and TD does not charge $5 only for all-inclusive:

Non-TD ATM fees: No additional fees
    ATM fees inside U.S. and Mexico: No additional fees
    ATM fees outside U.S. and Mexico: No additional fees
    So your TD card does not charge the Plus Network exchange fee? It is $5 in Europe and $3 in US/Mexico. My TD Debit card charges these along with vig.

I checked it twice. For our withdrawals the difference in exchange rate between a CIBC ATM withdrawal and a Chase Cah advance was 2.35 and 2.4 percent respectively. Not exactly a 2.5 percent delta but close enough. The timing of each banks processing probabably caused some of the variance. chase seems to use a hourly rate...not certain abou CIBC.

I do check the Chase rate from time to time against the FX site just to ensure that the program has not changed. We will be checking it in three weeks.
    Last edited by fraser; 2016-01-26 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
    So your TD card does not charge the Plus Network exchange fee? It is $5 in Europe and $3 in US/Mexico. My TD Debit card charges these along with vig.
    The all-inclusive account (top tier account) does not charge the Plus Network fee. It is one of the benefits of the account.

For Fraser, it's just a debit card attached to the all-inclusive account, which has a monthly fee of $29.95 that can be waived by holding 5K in the account at all times. We used this card in southeast Asia without problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. I think that we will stick with our freebee seniors account.

We never, ever use our debit card. Either at home or when we are travelling.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415