1. Eliminate debt. Done.
2. Be frugal. you cannot get any better than me
3. Prepare a financial plan. Done, and I found in later years it was easier than I thought - no panic/no worry - sleep well every night 5-hours is all that I need
4. Use TFSAs. Done, but do not understand "use". see question #10
5. Enrol in pension plan/RRSPs. Done
6. Buy a home. Done.
7. Prepay the mortage. Done, paid off.
8. Protect your family. Done with term insurance, although kids are gone so its time to cancel it.
9. Teach your children. Always. The problem is getting them to listen & as grown children they are even worse than they were when they were teens
10. Use TFSA for big purchases. never, because there wont be any.
11. Use a non-registered plan. 'Use' - does not make sense, but anyway if it means have income from the RRSP's the answer is yes. If it means use RRSP's to buy a first home, then this does not apply too me
12. Develop multiple streams of income. Done: guaranteed passive income is now greater than the employment income