Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO)
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO)

Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO)

this one looks pretty good right now, anyone buying?

i would have if I had the funds available. Anytime CVE dips below 30 bucks is a good buy IMO.

picked up some at 29.5, let's see how this will play out...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

IDK about them. They trade at a high PE of 23 and only a decent dividend at 3.2%. The other thing about them is I think they do all their own processing so they get full price for their crude production as they produce endproducts for the consumers. This is different than other companies that don't do upgrading or refining whose stock position will strengthen over time as more pipelines are built (and they will get built). They also won't stand to benefit by the expected increase in natural gas prices down the road once there is more usage in utilities and transportation and finally LNG exports once pipelines and LNG export terminal built.

So while they trade for an okay value right now any appreciation will depend on higher oil prices or increased oil production. This is different than other Canadian producers whose prices will improve as profitability increases with pipeline infrastructure and natural gas pricing. For these reasons I like CNQ best among Canadian majors.

Banned
    They also won't stand to benefit by the expected increase in natural gas prices down the road once there is more usage in utilities and transportation and finally LNG exports once pipelines and LNG export terminal built.

question #1 ... what do u mean by increase in gas prices? what strip are u talking about?

reply to ur opinion of lack of exposure to natural gas is in the link below

http://www.cenovus.com/operations/natural-gas.html

even though they spun off from ECA .
    they do produce quite a bit of NG.
    pitch in by all means.
    as for price entry i have ... yet again no opinion.

I sold out earlier in the year at, I believe, $34.60. I wouldn't mind buying it back at the right price. I'll wait to see what happens in the summer.

From my experience with them, they have an excellent management team and are an extremely innovative company.

Quote Originally Posted by PMREdmonton View Post
    IDK about them. They trade at a high PE of 23 and only a decent dividend at 3.2%. The other thing about them is I think they do all their own processing so they get full price for their crude production as they produce endproducts for the consumers. This is different than other companies that don't do upgrading or refining whose stock position will strengthen over time as more pipelines are built (and they will get built). They also won't stand to benefit by the expected increase in natural gas prices down the road once there is more usage in utilities and transportation and finally LNG exports once pipelines and LNG export terminal built.

So while they trade for an okay value right now any appreciation will depend on higher oil prices or increased oil production. This is different than other Canadian producers whose prices will improve as profitability increases with pipeline infrastructure and natural gas pricing. For these reasons I like CNQ best among Canadian majors.

Old thread. Just curious what folks are saying now under $27.00?

Edit: Nvm... Seems RBC hasn't updated in 3 days, and it's nearing $30.
    Last edited by Justin1980; 2014-01-20 at 12:27 PM.

Anyone read their annual reports?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast