Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO) - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO)

Nice jump this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q4LVEB9FP8

CVE getting slaughtered today. Looking very attractive for a low cost integrated producer. Yield is now over 5%, will be interesting to see if they will slash it.
    Last edited by GOB; 2014-12-10 at 01:34 PM.

Yup, very attractive.
    It's been a crazy ride. In the last 5 days,
    CVE -14%
    IMO -8%
    BTE -17%
    SU -9%
    HSE -9%
    COS -16%

Most stocks are well below what I had for a purchase price in mind, but they are still sinking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I averaged down on my Cenovus yesterday, still sinking today.

What a ride!

I think people need to be patient before buying any energy stocks, in general. There's a lot of blood on the streets, and there isn't any end in sight. I would rather wait until I see a slight recovery in the prices and some positive news before jumping in. Even if it means missing out on the initial 10% gain. Otherwise, we may be catching a falling knife if WTI price does drop to $40.

Quote Originally Posted by leeder View Post
    I think people need to be patient before buying any energy stocks, in general . There's a lot of blood on the streets, and there isn't any end in sight. I would rather wait until I see a slight recovery in the prices and some positive news before jumping in. Even if it means missing out on the initial 10% gain. Otherwise, we may be catching a falling knife if WTI price does drop to $40.
    I agree with this! So far holding out has put me in a good spot to be rewarded well. Who cares if I lose the first 10% if the stock is already down 30% YTD.

Agreed. I have plenty of exposure already from being too aggressive too soon. I'm waiting on the sidelines for now, but good to keep the discussion going.

What's the big downside to this one? The cost of production of oil is one of the lowest making it a safe play in a low oil price environment?

"Cenovus had an operating cost of just $10.40 per barrel at Christina Lake and $14.79 per barrel at Foster Creek in the third quarter, making it one of the most efficient operators in Canada. Oil prices will probably drift higher throughout 2015."

http://www.fool.ca/2014/12/30/3-big-...y-inc-in-2015/

Those cash numbers are way too low. You have to look at a lot more than operating expense. Items such as transportation (to get cash price at property gate from Edmonton based selling prices), royalties, current taxes (not deferred taxes), interest expense (on debt), G&A and ???. As said in another thread, go to the financials and calculate it for yourself. The wild card in the calculation is royalties and current taxes, both of which are variable depending on netback (margin).

Any reasons why CVE is taking such a beating the last 5 days compared to HSE, SU, CNQ? Is it because of the share offering? Down by almost 11.81% and getting near the december 2014 lows.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast