Canadian Money Forum banner

Cenovus Energy Inc. (CVE.TO)

39K views 112 replies 32 participants last post by  moderator2 
#1 ·
this one looks pretty good right now, anyone buying?

#29 ·
Those cash numbers are way too low. You have to look at a lot more than operating expense. Items such as transportation (to get cash price at property gate from Edmonton based selling prices), royalties, current taxes (not deferred taxes), interest expense (on debt), G&A and ???. As said in another thread, go to the financials and calculate it for yourself. The wild card in the calculation is royalties and current taxes, both of which are variable depending on netback (margin).

#31 ·
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Feb. 17, 2015) - Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX:CVE)(NYSE:CVE) ("Cenovus") announced today that it has entered into a bought-deal financing agreement to sell 67.5 million common shares ("Common Shares") at a price of $22.25 per share (the "Offering"). The net proceeds of the Offering, combined with the company's $3 billion of undrawn committed credit lines, provide Cenovus with a stronger balance sheet and financial flexibility to pursue its planned capital program.

The Offering will be made through a syndicate of underwriters (the "Underwriters") led by RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities Inc. The gross proceeds from the Offering are expected to be about $1.5 billion. The Offering is subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of applicable regulatory and stock exchange approvals, and is expected to close on or about March 3, 2015.

Read more at http://www.stockhouse.com/news/pres...al-common-share-financing#UGf1GmpZQQz7iizg.99

#50 ·
A little disappointing today. Down 2.3%

I guess the ex-div date was today, or yesterday, I'm not sure. Either way, still a bit disappointing. I had higher hopes for this one. I thought we would see $23 relatively soon as a "bounce" back from the bought deal news.

I'm in for 1000 at 21.95.

If it keeps going lower I think I may just purchase another 500. It seems to be relatively flat, so I may be able to do a quick trade or two on 500 shares while keeping my original position of 1000 shares. They are yielding 5% now and I don't think a dividend cut is in the books.

It looks to me like the stock wants to go higher, but there is the oil uncertainty so it's just staying flat instead. Not going down, but not really moving upwards, either.

#52 ·
I think you'll be fine. I've got some high hopes for this one as I have said previously. I am watching this one everyday. It doesn't usually follow the other oil companies. It has lots of buying activity and a low number of willing sellers.

#58 ·
5 year Avg Return on CVE

Cenovus

Year1 30
Year2 6
Year3 -7
Year4 -7
year5 -17

5 year Avg return is only 0.82%

if we consider dividend and compounding. Assuming you bought it for 24.71 in 2009 and sold it after5 year at 23.3,total dividends are 4.11..
Avg return will be 2.09%

In both cases not very impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.