Free E-Book on Amazon: Moshe Milevsky 'Are You a Stock or a Bond'

Thread: Free E-Book on Amazon: Moshe Milevsky 'Are You a Stock or a Bond'

Free E-Book on Amazon: Moshe Milevsky 'Are You a Stock or a Bond'

I was looking up something on another thread, and came across this on amazon.com (March 19,2013):

http://www.amazon.com/Are-You-Stock-.../dp/0133115291

Moshe Milevsky (a business professor at York University in Toronto) has a book about whether and how you should integrate your human capital (discounted value of expected future career related income) into your investment allocation decision.

The Kindle version of the book is *free* at amazon.com.

I haven't read it yet, so I can't comment on it. I have enjoyed some of his other work (Pensionize your Nest Egg, Your Money Milestones) and am generally comfortable with academic approaches to personal finance. So, if you're into free things, check it out (you can read it using your computer and amazon cloud reader if you don't have a kindle).

Maybe this thread could continue by discussing the book? Feel free to add your thoughts.

Thanks for the link.

I look forward to reading this.

A related, also free, more technical, but *excellent* piece is available from the CFA institute here:

http://www.cfapubs.org/toc/rf/2007/2007/1

Lifetime Financial Advice: Human Capital, Asset Allocation, and Insurance

Roger G. Ibbotson, Moshe A. Milevsky, Peng Chen, CFA, and Kevin X. Zhu

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Excellent! Thanks for the links guys!

great link MGal. Thanks!

It was free to me, Rikk... I had to search for the book on Amazon.ca since the link provided was to .com, but once I did that, it came up as a free Kindle book there as well.

You need to go to the Canadian Amazon store, where it is free. I had no trouble downloading it. I've read this book when it first came out and it was excellent. Looking forward to reading it again.

Great, thanks!
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Very good book for the ideas therein (financial vs human capital, similar to book/market value of assets vs NPV of future cash flows for companies; risks to your human capital, etc). However, he does play fast and loose with the distinction between revenue (income level) vs cash flow (savings after tax and expenses) in a way which could skew specific optimum calculations you might try to run.