Canadian Money Forum banner

$10,000 Tax Quiz

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rikk 
#1 ·
Turbo Tax is running a tax quiz challenge through its Facebook page.
It claims total prizes are worth $25,000 but the grand prize is $10,000

Link below
http://redirects.intuitcanada.com/tto/en/2012/2034

Would the tax gurus on CMF like to try their hand at this?

GLTA

#2 ·
Turbo Tax is running a tax quiz challenge through its Facebook page.
It claims total prizes are worth $25,000 but the grand prize is $10,000

Link below
http://redirects.intuitcanada.com/tto/en/2012/2034

Would the tax gurus on CMF like to try their hand at this?
Seems like "scammers" are everywhere..now turbo tax wants the tax experts out there to do the quiz so they can get lots of info for free on how to improve turbo-tax

This post has been deleted
#5 · (Edited)
I don't see how this is the same thing at all. What's wrong with Turbo Tax wanting to improve its product and getting feedback from its clients and potential clients? I have used them for years to prepare my tax return so they have my e-mail address, and they have never once used it inappropriately. They send me two e-mails each year - one is a receipt for my payment; the other is a confirmation that my tax return has been filed with Canada Revenue. They don't even contact me early in the tax season to ask if I'm going to use them again this year. I contact them via my bank which offers a special price to its clients.

#6 ·
Well, I see I have to "like them" on facebook (I think, I'm not a heavy user) in order to enter, so a facebook account seems to be required ... dunno who benefits from that ... and that's as far into_it as I'm looking ... I should have included an OT on my post up top, as far as I know it's a good product, may try it myself this year ... geez it'll be good when I'm finally over this cold, I'll get back outside doing things, and spend less time browsing :grey:

#7 ·
I really like Turbo Tax, but I've never tried any of the others, some of which have been highly recommended by people on this forum. They could be just as good or even better but I'm familiar with Turbo Tax and it works well for me, so I'll probably stick with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.