New Member Signups -- *PLEASE READ*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member Signups -- *PLEASE READ*

Administrator CanadianCapitalist's Avatar

New Member Signups -- *PLEASE READ*

If you signed up as a member in the past month or so, please read this post carefully:

1. After you signed up, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Often times, the activation email gets caught in the Spam filters. If you did not receive an activation email, contact us requesting a manual approval of your account.

2. Starting last month, even after you activate your membership, your account is held in queue for manual moderation. Unfortunately, admins have no way of distinguishing genuine new members from spammers. If you are a new member, just send us a note requesting membership approval and we will promptly approve your account. Once your account is approved, you'll be able to post new messages and threads.

3. All new member posts and threads will be held in moderation until the membership is "verified". Moderation is a manual process and takes up to 1 business day. Please be patient with us because after your initial few posts, you will become a verified member and your posts, threads and messages will be published right away.

tldr; version: If you are new member who is unable to post messages or threads, just shoot us an email at webmaster-at-canadianmoneyforum-dot-com and we'll sort it out.
    Last edited by CanadianCapitalist; 2013-02-06 at 10:47 AM.
    Hidden Content -- Helping you invest & prosper

This should help cut down on some of the complaints from new members. Just one little problem I saw, your points go 1, 2, 4.

Glad to see posts from new IDs will be moderated. Too many people registering either as spammers or to post links to their websites etc, which is also a form of spam.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Administrator CanadianCapitalist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl-Manitoba View Post
    This should help cut down on some of the complaints from new members. Just one little problem I saw, your points go 1, 2, 4.
    The activation email that we now send out contains this information. Hopefully, that will help new members get approval quickly. Oh, and thanks for pointing out the error. I've fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by the-royal-mail View Post
    Glad to see posts from new IDs will be moderated. Too many people registering either as spammers or to post links to their websites etc, which is also a form of spam.
    Posts from new signups have always been moderated. Keeping new members in moderation queue has helped us cut down spammers dramatically.
    Hidden Content -- Helping you invest & prosper

speaking of new members I just signed up via the ipad and didn't notice a typo so can I change my user name?

BTW it should be dude not dube

dube is much better. Stick with it!

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    dube is much better. Stick with it!
    ^+1

because..
    1. you want the username dude
    2. your very first post was a typo naming yourself dube and you expect us to believe you weren't smoking one and it was just a typo?
    3... jk, welcome to CMF
    a financial message board can cost you money.
    ^ bmoney, in TPH thread.

^ ... ditto good joke

.. and to the new dube member!
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    ^ ... ditto good joke

.. and to the new dube member!
    OK may have been a typo but looks like I'm sticking with it

How many posts required for implement signatures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast