*** Scams Alert! *** - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: *** Scams Alert! ***

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic12 View Post
    ^^^^

What do you suggest?

The RCMP scan all your calls and cut them off if they think it is a scammer?

Unless it's someone within their legal reach (or countries band together to root them out), education seems the most effective.

Cheers
    ... I don't know what to suggest as I ain't no anti- fraud or anti-crime expert and as for 'education' (for the public) seems to be most effective - is it? Are fraud cases declining?
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic12 View Post
    ^^^^

What do you suggest?

The RCMP scan all your calls and cut them off if they think it is a scammer?

Unless it's someone within their legal reach (or countries band together to root them out), education seems the most effective.

Cheers
    This is a reoccuring problem I find dealing with the public - generally they don't recognize that there are contraints on what authorities can reasonably do. Super lame beliefs to "JUST FIX IT" is TRumpism at its finest. A lot of issues are not black and white and if there were simple solutions I'm sure people would have thought of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    ... I don't know what to suggest as I ain't no anti- fraud or anti-crime expert and as for 'education' (for the public) seems to be most effective - is it? Are fraud cases declining?
    Whether it is a phone call, email or walk up, the public is the only one who can stop it. Anything the RCMP can do is after the fact, *if* whomever is within their reach.

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    This is a reoccuring problem I find dealing with the public - generally they don't recognize that there are contraints on what authorities can reasonably do. Super lame beliefs to "JUST FIX IT" is TRumpism at its finest. A lot of issues are not black and white and if there were simple solutions I'm sure people would have thought of it already.
    It could work ... if the RCMP was scanning all my email, tapping all my phone calls and answering my door, which would cause it's own set of problems.

Other than that, the first line of stopping it is the public. Education won't help everyone but IMO beats general complaints as it at least has a chance of someone listening/avoiding the scam.

Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

WannaCry

deleted
    Last edited by zylon; 2017-05-15 at 09:42 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516