Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX.TO, VRX) - Page 36
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX.TO, VRX)

Why throw more money at a stock that has lost you money? Just to bring your average share price down? The stock price is trending downwards and I see no signs of it jumping up.

Pick a better stock, do more research and make up your losses that way.

If you want to take a gamble any weed stock seems like a better choice for fast gains then VRX.

Super Moderator
    I ditched VRX back in 2015 (due to technical analysis -- don't tell me T/A is useless) but still watch it because it's such a dramatic story.

What is everyone thinking about this? Will it collapse to zero and delist, or stay afloat?

Everything about this stock is screaming at best recapitalization or very likely bankruptcy. It has a $5B market cap, and almost $30B in debt. You could pick a dozen other financial metrics that show this company is just hanging on, and that assumes they can actually maintain margins and revenue, which is almost certainly impossible given lack of R&D (and kiss those margins goodbye if they actually start R&D, and how long will that take to generate results?) Any actual rise in stock price would result in immediate share issues. This stock is down 95%. The market is speaking...capital has been permanently destroyed and is not coming back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Isn't it amazing how often giant stocks collapse into nothing (NT, VRX, BBD.B) and yet, the stock index still reliably goes up over time. That will never cease to amaze me.

NT was once 25% of the TSX 60
    VRX was about 5%
    BBD.B was about 5% too - maybe more?

And yet, the TSX 60 has outperformed all of these very significantly
    Last edited by james4beach; 2017-03-14 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post
    I ditched VRX back in 2015 (due to technical analysis -- don't tell me T/A is useless) but still watch it because it's such a dramatic story.

What is everyone thinking about this? Will it collapse to zero and delist, or stay afloat?
    You got on the VRX bandwagon because of T/A and now you hail how good T/A is for getting you out? Fundamentals dictate changes in stock prices. T/A is a lagging signal. The shorts that went against the VRX T/A momentum bandwagon got rich off VRX.

Last edited by CPA Candidate; 2017-03-16 at 02:05 PM.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536