Dual-listed stocks for gambit trades - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual-listed stocks for gambit trades

Here is a dual listed stocks spreadsheet I discovered on another forum.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-wA/edit#gid=0

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the link, that's interesting. If you limit it to stocks that have more than 1M daily volume on both sides of the border, and then eliminate miners (too volatile for gambits) you get this list:

BB
    BAM.A
    CM
    CNQ
    CNR
    ENB
    ECA
    MG
    MFC
    POT
    RY
    SU
    TD
    TRP

(I added CNR because my calculation of recent volume shows it averages above 1M shares daily in the US)

jas4 why are there 2 almost identical threads going on this topic?

i'm wondering, do you think you might be able to ask the moderator to combine them? he seems like a good guy, very organized & logical

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Good idea, I merged the threads to discuss this choice of carrier stock. I left the the old ShoGam thread alone (focused on the short-first procedure).

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post
    Thanks for the link, that's interesting. If you limit it to stocks that have more than 1M daily volume on both sides of the border, and then eliminate miners (too volatile for gambits) you get this list:

BB
    BAM.A
    CM
    CNQ
    CNR
    ENB
    ECA
    MG
    MFC
    POT
    RY
    SU
    TD
    TRP

(I added CNR because my calculation of recent volume shows it averages above 1M shares daily in the US)

BAM/BAM.A is regularly doing a million shares on both sides of the border?

gosh who knew. I have bam shares, the liquidity is so low that the options are pitiful in both countries.

i'd leave out CNR because individual shares are too expensive, it might be too difficult to gambit a specific dollar amount without doing an odd lot.

are we really getting those penny spreads in both countries in commerce bank, enbridge & magna though. what about blackberry, is it really cutting the biscuit.

sigh. When all is said & done we likely end up with the true & trusty big green, the true & trusty roybank, often an mfc or a trp or a cnq, that's about it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by humble_pie View Post
    BAM/BAM.A is regularly doing a million shares on both sides of the border?
    You're right, it doesn't. There must have been a problem in that external spreadsheet.

Average volume on BAM currently runs only 800K ish in the US. Thanks for the reminder on that and it probably should be striked from the list.

stricken

one could also say struck

there are english verbs with irregular passé composé tenses, as "strike" or "wake." eg the besieged city was stricken with cholera, the sleeping beauty has woken up.

but like the subjunctive, these beautiful tenses are disappearing from contemporary english

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post
    Thanks, ENB and TRP look suitable.

I agree with humble_pie and the stocks must be liquid. Maybe MoA is thinking of a different kind of operation?
    Sorry, yes, was thinking of something else when I wrote my response! To clarify, I use big bank stocks. RY is a good one.
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Quote Originally Posted by leoc2 View Post
    Here is a dual listed stocks spreadsheet I discovered on another forum.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-wA/edit#gid=0
    Use the above spreadsheet and sort column G or H to find the most desirable conversion rate. Keep in mind there is a 20 minute delay on the stock quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by leoc2 View Post
    Use the above spreadsheet and sort column G or H to find the most desirable conversion rate. Keep in mind there is a 20 minute delay on the stock quotes.

even a one-minute delay in an arbitrage operation is lethal

is why things always boil down to the tried & true. the big green. the big navy blue. maybe 3-4 other stocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast