Interactive Brokers. Forex.
How do you buy Euros with Interactive Brokers? Anybody know?
Hi Banalanal, I see that you have decided to go with IB.
Here you go.
- Logon to IB 'Trader Workstation'.
- Look for the 'Order Management' screen.
- Select the <tabs>, 'New Order' and 'Forex'
- Select the 'Action', "Buy" and enter the Quantity of Euros that you want to buy.
- For the 'Symbol' field, type 'EUR' and select 'Go'.
- The dropdown list (as shown in the screen shot below will appear). Select the currency that you want to convert from. For most of us here, that would probably be CAD.
For example right now you can buy 1 Euro = 1.30 CAD.
From your previous posts, it sounds like you are about to purchase some european market securities.
There are some beaten down companies over there, that are definitely worth looking at, for those willing to take the risk. good luck.
Last edited by avrex; 2012-05-22 at 12:06 AM.