Wynne's High Speed Rail Link

Thread: Wynne's High Speed Rail Link

Wynne's High Speed Rail Link

Really? Are there that many people traveling between Windsor and Toronto? I know the 401 is a parking lot these days, but I somehow doubt the volume is going to Windsor..

My son just got a job in Burlington and travels back and forth from London every day.

It is a freaking nightmare.

Last week alone........he got part way to work and turned around. There was a 3 hour delay on the 401. Two days of pay lost for him and his buddy, lost revenue for the fence company and someone didn't get their fence installed that day. Gridlock kills productivity.

Another day he didn't arrive home until 9 p.m. A pedestrian was run over on the 403. Almost everyday there is an accident that ties up traffic for hours. It is the luck of the draw if a person avoids it or not. Some transport driver drove into MTO people who were cleaning up from a previous accident........causing another major delay. MTO workers, police, ambulance, tow drivers take their lives in their hands working on those stretches of highway.

I don't know if the high speed rail will be of any use to him or others travelling down 403 or QEW.

If it picks up people in downtown London and deposits them in downtown Toronto, it will be pretty much useless.

My son has been trying to find a place to rent but there is nothing. People are overbidding on rentals. The realtors say they have never seen anything like it. People are desperate to avoid the commute and will pay anything.

Ontario is decades behind the world. Our own city of London is now trying to figure out how to put in high speed transit after doing nothing for 50 years. Everything is built up now and there is nowhere to put anything.

All that money that was "saved" on taxes by not spending on infrastructure is now coming home to roost.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-05-19 at 05:07 PM.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Rail to Montreal/Ottawa, sure. Windsor is a bit silly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    Rail to Montreal/Ottawa, sure. Windsor is a bit silly.
    Yes and a corridor between Toronto and Montreal makes sense to me. No friggin idea what these folks in power are thinking...