REITs Are In Trouble - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: REITs Are In Trouble

Lonewolf BC real estate prices went straight up last year and $100,000 dollars is not much in the scheme of things for people who are already in the game. I could have got 1.8 million last year for my house for a very brief time but that is the way it is. Still I sold in 2011 and went mortgage free and still own a property very near to my last property and I will let my life situation dictate my next move as I have always done.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf :) View Post
    BC average home sale price has dropped almost $100,000 (96,000) YOY every month this year. No province or state has ever experienced this type of decline ever. Divergence is huge this is not a healthy market. The gains n TO were parabolic while BC is crashing. The average home owner in BC now has 100,000 less cash & no one seams to be noticing.
    Prices should drop 50% to catch up with the rest of Canada
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    Lonewolf BC real estate prices went straight up last year and $100,000 dollars is not much in the scheme of things for people who are already in the game. I could have got 1.8 million last year for my house for a very brief time but that is the way it is. Still I sold in 2011 and went mortgage free and still own a property very near to my last property and I will let my life situation dictate my next move as I have always done.
    Wow. $1.8 M. Crazy. If you got 3/4 of that you're laughing!
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

New dog job well done The problem with real estate in Canada & could be a big reason for bubble is almost all real estate agents represents both buyers & sellers a huge conflict of interest If going to buy real estate look for a company that only represents the buyer only though most likely are not going to find one. Then there are companies that are lying about only represent buyer.

The stock market, art, collectables real estate and so on are a product of the crazy world of QE and the money sloshing around and finding a home. I could have cashed out many times over the last 30 years and made a lot of money but it is my home and I just hold on until something comes up and I make the trade. That day may come again soon or in 10 years if it makes sense for me to do so.

If not then I lose a bunch of paper value I suppose but I still feel I have done far better just staying put. Many here feel the same about their investments like the REIT's I suppose and they will decide when the time is right to sell or change their positions. As long as one can sleep at night knowing you could take a big haircut at some point then it is fine.

MyOwn Advisor if we did get a massive 75 percent off correction in Vancouver real estate or even the REITS that might be a great opportunity. I say might because who knows what kind of world we will be living in after that event. Hopefully it will be the world of opportunity that we find ourselves in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234