As banks give up the Trump bump gains

Thread: As banks give up the Trump bump gains

As banks give up the Trump bump gains

As i do not hold any banks,etf`s or mutual funds

I sold all before election,looking like the near future will be buying opportunity

Thinking BNS,TD and RY

Anyone else not holding banks

Looking for a good entry point for US financials and to add to CND financials, are you only looking a CND financials?

Nursing gains of 13% since October. About 0.6% dip in May so far. Don't time the market.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I will wait for another few weeks,,,
    Last edited by 1980z28; 2017-05-17 at 11:55 PM.

^

I took a bite of the banks and some other stocks yesterday, but I got a long way to go to get my cash and bonds into stocks. Like you, I'll wait for more days that the market is taking a pounding before i take another bite.

CIBC presents the best value on a p/e and yield basis. Probably nothing wrong with nibbling on it. Reportedly, it is down considerably due to their plans to buy some US asset. Market is a little anxious about the apparent pending purchase as seen in driving the stock price down.

What's that saying? - be greedy when others are fearful.

This waiting is, however, probably considered "timing" but I don't care. Bogleheads are brainwashed to ignore value, and buying what presents as the best value at a particular time is considered "market timing", eventhough it isn't. Jack Bogle himself has warned his followers to not expect more than 4% return over the next 10 years due to poor appreciation potential. To me that means waiting for better value to buy hard might be prudent.
    We can not know things as they are in themselves, but only as they appear to us.

Here’s when each bank reports and the average profit estimates, according to Thomson Reuters:
    May 24: Bank of Montreal (EPS consensus: $1.93, up 12 per cent vs Q2 2016 )
    May 25: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce ($2.57, up 7 per cent)
    May 25: Toronto-Dominion Bank ($1.24, up three per cent)
    May 25: Royal Bank of Canada ($1.84, up five per cent)
    May 30: Bank of Nova Scotia ($1.56, up 11 per cent)
    May 31: National Bank of Canada ($1.26, up 10 per cent)

I will wait until after earnings,maybe start out with a few hundred shares each of the 4 banks(ry,td,bns,cibc)

Just my thoughts today